Chapter 36

I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF. Only Melanie and her plot lines.

______________________________________________
________________
____________
________
____
_

I stood with pursed lips in front of my large mirror, glancing ever so skeptically into it. I was attired in a long, emerald green dress, in which cascaded all the way down to my ankle, a few silver bracelets racked up my arms as well. My hair fell loosely down my back in careful beach waves, and I had burnt myself with the curling-iron for that one, so it better look at least somewhat decent. I was also equipped with nude heels, a small clutch in my hands which matched the few bracelets.

Makeup wise, I had applied a few coats of mascara, eyeliner, and a brown eye-shadow. A shade of burgundy lipstick drawn across my previously pale mouth.

I guess it was fair to say I looked alright. Or, quite frankly, I had tried and that's what really counted.

As the doorbell chimed about my petite house, I did nothing but jump slightly, a bit startled. For, nerves continued to inch up my spine, due to the fact that the guy I have been crushing on for a decent amount of time was most likely standing on my front porch.

Never less, a small smile arose about my tainted lips. Me waisting no time before descending hesitantly down my staircase, hoping that I didn't hilariously collapse and smash my face into my hardwood floor. 

Fortunately, I was able to make it to the front door in one piece. My fingertips waisting no time before wrapping themselves around the chilly metal knob. Yanking my front door agape, an unexpected person stood, grinning sheepishly, in front of me.

A large grin enveloped my features, "Mom?"

She held her arms outward, me graciously giving her a large hug. In which I was desperately yearning for at the moment.

"You came home?" I asked, the smile still not dissipating from my mouth. I was so happy to see her. Especially since tonight was the winter formal.

"Well I couldn't miss this, honey. This is your big night, the winter formal." She squealed like a teenage girl, clasping her palms together.

My mother was still equipped in her nurse uniform. Probably fresh from work, and still having to return after she wished me farewell.

I was incredibly joyful that my mother was here. I was glad that I got to see her, for it was very rare now a days.

I furrowed my eye brows, "Aren't you suppose to be at the hospital?"

She laughed, shaking her head. "They let me take the night shift off."

"That's–that's amazing. I'm glad I get to see you."

We once again embraced, just in time for the doorbell to ring.

Again, for the second time tonight, I opened the door. And this time, Stiles stood there. His mouth agape and eyes wide.

"Holy god—Melanie. You–you look." He paused, glancing up and staring me in the eye. "Beautiful."

I chuckled, shaking my head. A scarlet color easily finding its way to my cheeks, "Thanks Stiles, you look very handsome."