{3}

{3}

/Some authors I like are writing Haikyuu fanfics that involve pen pals and I got inspired~/

Daichi nervously taps his pencil against his desk. What should he say? What could he say that wouldn't make him sound like a dork? With a loud sigh, he glances up at the classroom clock. His English class is only halfway over.

"Remember, the students from the other school are having a hard time learning English too! In fact, I think only one of their students is close to being fluent... Anyways, they aren't going to judge you if your English isn't perfect!" Daichi's teacher chirps, flashing the class a reassuring smile.

Oh yeah, that's right. Even though Daichi has been learning English for going on three years, he still has a difficult time writing. I'm going to look like an idiot, Daichi thinks. I'm going to look like a MAJOR idiot.

"Daichi, are you stuck? Why don't you tell your pen pal about the fact that you play volleyball?" Daichi's teacher says, upon noticing the fact that Daichi has been playing with his pencil instead of writing with it. Looking down at her papers, his teacher soon adds, "It says here that your pen pal plays volleyball! There you go, write to him about volleyball!" With a loud sigh, Daichi begins to write.

Dear Sugawara Koushi or Koushi Sugawara (I hate how English you has write your name backwards),

I play volleyball. My teacher told me that you play volleyball, what position do you play. I am bad at English. English grammer and spelling is confuseing. I wish that we could write in Japanese instead. Maybe we could write a few sentences in Japanese so I can show you that I'm not idiot. * 暇なとき何してる?Do you play volleyball a lot? Do you do sport beside volleyball?

"This is stupid," Daichi mutters, before continuing to write. Daichi has a strong urge to rip his letter. He knows that he messed up when writing, but he doesn't know how to fix it. Feeling extremely frustrated, he hastily signs his name at the bottom and turns it in to his teacher.

/* 暇なとき何してる?What do you do in your free time? (What is your hobby?)/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daichi gets a response from his pen pal surprisingly fast. Skipping the beginning where it is just Sugawara writing 'dear' and Daichi's full name, Daichi reads the first sentence.

I find English confusing too! The grammar is the hardest part. With spelling, I can do it with practice but I still messpell words sometimes. Anyways, I am a setter. What position do you play? I think your English is pretty good. I'm afraid I might sound like an idiot because I sometimes write Japanese words when I should write English words. * 趣味は読書です。I play volleyball a lot, it is the only sport I play. My jersey number is ニ**. What is your jersey number?

/ *趣味は読書です。My hobby is reading./

/ ** ニ Two./

Daichi, although first thinking that the whole pen pal thing was ridiculous, grew to like it. In fact he grew to like Suga who helped him with his English, and told him funny stories.

...And then Hinata received the ball with his face! He really needs to pay better attention...

Upon reading about Suga's team mates, Daichi realized that he really wanted to meet them (and Suga). In fact, he hoped that he could play volleyball with them.

I have a practice match with another high school tomorrow... I can't recall the name of it right now... Anyways, I hope that I get to play against you soon!

Little did either of them know that they would be seeing each other VERY soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The team that Suga and all of Karasuno is playing against is very good. In fact, one male, no matter what Suga does, ends up flawlessly receiving the balls that he tosses to the spikers. When Suga is forced to switch with their talented setter Kageyama, he is not surprised.

Daichi, however, is surprised. The setter that his opponents has is clearly experienced but is being swapped out for a younger player. What could they possibly be thinking? Before he can he comprehend what is happening, the ball whizzes by his head.

Kageyama and Hinata can do insanely fast quicks! It is amazing!

Could the talented setter and quick spiker before him be Hinata and Kageyama?

"Nice, Hinata!" A bald boy yells. "You too, Kageyama!"

Could he be playing against Suga and his team right now? "Daichi... You seem a bit distracted... Are you alright?" One of his team mates asks. Daichi reassures them that he is fine.

Suga SWEARS that one of the players gets referred to as Daichi. Could he be hearing things? What are they chances that he could be playing against his beloved pen pal right now? Suga's brows furrow together as he struggles to recall what Daichi's jersey number is.

My jersey number is , Ooops...I mean one. I REALLY wish that we could just write in Japanese!

"One, one..." Suga whispers, looking for Daichi's jersey number.

"Two, two..." Daichi whispers, looking for Suga's jersey number.

THERE it is. THERE he is.

After the game ends, Daichi approaches Suga. "This may seem weird..." Daichi says, meanwhile sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck, "but I think you are my pen pal, Sugawara Koushi." Before Daichi gets a chance to say more, the silver haired boy that he approached hugs him.

"I'm so happy that we got to play volleyball together, Daichi!" He exclaims, and Daichi can feel a blush spread across his cheeks. He had to admit that he found the Suga he had written to kind and adorable but the real, living and breathing Suga is EVEN MORE adorable.

Releasing Daichi from his embrace, Suga says, "Umm... Did you read the bottom part of the most recent letter that I sent you?"

"OHHHHHHHHHHHH ARE YOU DAICHI?" The boy who matches Suga's description of Hinata suddenly screeches. "SUGA-SENPAI TALKS ABOUT YOU ALL THE TIME! HE'S ALL LIKE, 'AND THEN DAICHI WROTE THIS' AND 'DAICHI WROTE THAT." Hinata's words cause Suga's face to turn bright red. "YESTERDAY WE CONVINCED SUGA TO WRITE ON THE BOTTOM OF ONE OF YOUR LETTERS THAT HE..."

"Hinata, don't say it! He should hear it from me..." Suga says, covering his face with his hands. "I like-like you." Daichi could have died happy, right then and there. "I'm sorry if hearing that grosses you out or makes you uncomfortable, or makes you not want to be my friend anymore..."

Unable to find a way to describe what he is feeling in words, Daichi gives Suga a quick kiss on the lips. Daichi ends up hiding his face with his hands as the bald kid screams "OH YEAH SUGA GET SOMEEEEEE."

/I think I made them all a bit OOC but oh well... I'm REALLY tempted to make this oneshot into a long fanfic./

/Also: My Japanese keyboard (I have Google Japanese Input) was acting up so if what is written in Japanese looks weird, it is because my keyboard didn't want to work properly/