{10}

{10}

"A-Are you sure it's s-safe? The ice looks a bit thin," Daichi stammers as Suga attempts to drag him out onto the frozen lake. Suga, who insisted that they go ice skating emits a small sigh.

"C'mon Daichi, lets just skate a little bit! I'm sure it's fine. Besides, if you don't at least stand on the ice for ten seconds I won't kiss you again. EVER." Before Daichi can yell about how he feels that Suga is overreacting, Suga adds, "You have 30 seconds to decide what you're going to do." With that said, Suga leaves Daichi to decide what would be worse- To embarrass himself in front of his boyfriend or to never get kissed by his boyfriend again.

What if Suga finds Daichi's lack of ability to skate to pathetic that he deems him not worth kissing?

Daichi's heart nearly skips a seat as he notices a thin line within the ice. The line seems to be pointing to Suga, who with elegant twists and turns, is going farther and farther out onto the lake.

The lines seem to be growing in number.

The lines are forming a spiderweb.

The lines are headed towards Suga.

"Suga come back! It's not safe!" Daichi hollers, meanwhile earning himself a chuckle from his silver haired boyfriend.

"Stop making up excuses not to skate, Dadchi," normally Suga's nickname for him when he acts like a worried father annoys him, but Daichi is too genuinely concerned for Suga's safety to be annoyed. "I swear on my LIFE that I'm not making this up- The ice is cracking!" Suga, finally noticing the worry induced strain in Daichi's voice glances at the ice below him.

"A-Alright, I'm coming b-back," Suga stammers, his fear painfully obvious. After only crossing a few meters after 40 seconds, Suga stops. "I should h-have listened to you s-sooner. I'm sorry D-Daichi."

"It's fine, Suga! Just keep walking! Just keep-" Daichi spends most of his energy trying to prevent his voice from shaking. He is just as scared as Suga. "I'll even keep talking to you, to help you remain calm!" Daichi then proceeds to tell Suga stories... Stories of his childhood, his teenage years (which Suga knows quite a bit about), and how he came to realize that he loves Suga.

"...And your smile... It's just so adorable! It it's full of warmth..." Daichi involuntarily lets his voice trail off as he realizes he is speaking to air.

Suga has fallen through the ice.

"Suga!" Daichi screams, meanwhile calling emergency services. "Suga if you can hear me, try to keep your head above the water!"

Silence.

Painful silence.

Daichi hates silence.

Daichi hates winter.

Daichi hates ice skating.

Daichi hates lakes.

Daichi hates the fact that he was unable to save Suga.

Most importantly, Daichi hates how he didn't get a chance to say "I love you" to Suga one last time.