{9}

{9}

"I'm sure you'll be able to speak again, Suga," Kiyoko, Suga's best friend, says trying to comfort him. Suga merely emits a tired sigh in response. How could he ever speak again? HIS soulmate had died three years ago... Most people Suga knows only have one soulmate... "You just need to hope for the best."

Hope for the best? Yeah right. Suga doesn't tell Kiyoko this because he knows that she would scold him, but Suga can't help but to NOT speak again. If he were to have his voice activated by another person, another soulmate, he would have to move on, he would have to forget his first soulmate, he would have to... Kiyoko ruffles Suga's hair with one of her pale hands. "Just hang in there. Either way, I'll always be here for you."

With that said, Kiyoko departs, leaving Suga alone in the small coffee shop. Suga, now lacking Kiyoko who was distracting him from the storm of thoughts brewing within his mind, now watches the other customers. For the past hour, it has seemed that everyone but him is able to speak.

Everyone but him has met their soulmate, whether it is their first or second one. Just as Suga is tempted to scream about the unjustness of it all, a man with short dark hair motions to the seat next to him. The man, clutching a coffee cup with 'Daichi' scrawled on the side appears to want to sit next to him. The man, like Suga is unable to talk. As it seems, the coffee shop is so busy that the only open seat is the one next to Suga.

Despite knowing that there is no way his voice will work, Suga attempts to say, "Yes, go ahead."

Suga's attempt is successful.

Suga speaks!

Then that means...

Suga can't help but cry. "I-m s-sorry..." Suga stammers, "I'm n-not sure h-how I f-feel right now. I h-haven't spoken s-since my soulmate d-died three y-years ago..." Suga is pleasantly surprised when Daichi, his second soulmate, wipes away his tears.

"Don't worry, I know how you feel. My soulmate also..." Daichi responds, meanwhile starting to cry along with Suga. "Three years ago... I hate to ask but did your soulmate die in the subway bombing? If so, that means our soulmates died at the same place at the same time..."

The only thing Suga can managed to do is nod.

"How about this..." Daichi says with a shaky voice, "Why don't we start as friends? Then, if we decide that we want to take advantage of the fact that we have two soulmates then we can date." Daichi, who manages to stop himself from crying further, embraces Suga. Suga, who is still crying hugs Daichi back, and cries into his left shoulder. "That's it, just let it out."

Extended (two years later)

"Daichi, I have something to tell you," Suga says. The sound of Suga's sweet voice makes the already sleepy Daichi even more sleepy.

With a yawn, Daichi responds by saying, "Yes, Suga?" As he waits for Suga to to say what he desires to say, Daichi plants a kiss upon the top of Suga's head.

"We've known each other for two years, and only one of those two years we've dated... Despite the short amount of time that we've known each other, I think..." He pauses, as if debating whether or not he really wishes to tell Daichi what he's thinking, "No. I know that I..." Suga's words become muffled as he hides his face behind his hands. "I love you. I love you SO much..." Suga then cries tears of joy. "I never though that after my first soulmate died that I would love again..."

"Suga," Daichi whispers, meanwhile grabbing hold of Suga's hands and pulling them away so he can see Suga's face. "I love you too. I love you more than words can describe... Now please stop crying before I start to cry too." Daichi then gives Suga a comforting kiss on the forehead. As an expression of gratitude, Suga flashes Daichi a smile. "I love your voice."

"That was a bit random, don't you think?" Suga asks a blushing Daichi.

"Well it's true..." Daichi mutters, "and I love how you sing when you cook, and..."

"You heard me? I'm so embarrassed..." Suga responds, with a heavy blush present on his cheeks. "Well I guess its only fair since I hear you sing in the shower..." Suga giggles as Daichi's face turns as red as a tomato. "Don't worry, I love your voice."

"Don't lie Suga. I KNOW that when I sing I sound like a dying cat," Daichi says, resulting in Suga giggling even more.

/I really like soulmate AUs xD/