{18}

{18}

Daichi can't help but emit a long and loud sigh. Tonight, his parents are holding a ball in celebration of his birthday, and in the hopes of finding him a bride. Daichi is dreading going to the ball for multiple reasons, with there being one BIG reason.

Daichi doesn't want a bride.

Daichi doesn't like women.

Daichi likes men.

Daichi knows that he should tell his parents about his feelings... He knows that they love him and that they wouldn't treat him any differently once they knew but... But Daichi doesn't want to crush their dreams. Both of them dream of grandchildren, grandchildren that would look like him and be the future rulers of the kingdom... Their hopes for grandchildren seem so important to them that Daichi can't help but wonder if they had him just so they could get grandchildren. Daichi can't help but chuckle at that thought. That is not even close to the real reason... If Daichi recalls his mother's words correctly, both her and his father want grandchildren because "We love you so much that we want little versions of you too!" It was a weird way to explain their desire for grandchildren and Daichi didn't know whether to be flattered or a little creeped out.

"You better get dressed before I order one of the servants to help you," Daichi's impatient father hollers from outside Daichi's bedroom door. Soon afterward Daichi can he is mother scolding him about the importance of patience and understanding.

"Ignore him... We know you're nervous! Just take your time sweetie," Daichi's mother says in a soothing voice. "However, you better be ready to go in twenty minutes or you're going to be late for your own ball." With that said, his parents leave .

Finally.

Finally Daichi has a chance to breathe.

With his parents that serve as living reminders of the ball that he HAS to go to, Daichi feels as though a great weight has been lifted off his shoulders. With the weight gone, he feels calm. Perhaps too calm... Daichi ends up falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Daichi-sama, wake up. Daichi-sama!" A familiar voice says, and Daichi can feel himself being shaken. Slowly opening his eyes, Daichi finds himself looking into one of his servants's face. Not just any servant's face... His best friend's face. The face of the boy that his parents had taken in after finding him wandering the city streets all alone.

"Suga, I told you not to use the -sama," Daichi mutters, all the while rubbing his sleepy eyes. "It's unnecessary..."

"Sorry... It's a habit," Suga says, with a chuckle, "It's proving to be a hard habit to break. Even harder than the habit of me calling you Sawamura-sama." Suga sheepishly rubs the back of his head as he speaks. The action is a nervous habit of his... A habit that Daichi finds extremely adorable.

Suga is part of the BIG reason why Daichi doesn't want to go to the ball to find a bride... Daichi likes men. Specifically, Daichi likes Suga.

"I need to get dressed... Don't I?" Daichi says, slowly sitting up. "How much time do I have?"

"Five minutes," Suga says, glancing at his pocket watch, "wait... make it four." Upon hearing how little time he has, Daichi jumps up from his sitting position, grabs his clothes, and searches for an object in his room that he can change behind. Daichi can't bring himself to change in front of Suga... The very idea makes his heart beat rapidly and his cheeks heat up.

"Three minutes... Do you want help?" Suga says with a giggle upon witnessing Daichi put his shirt on backwards. Flustered and struggling to change on time, Daichi panicked while putting on his shirt. Along with putting it on backwards, he only has one arm in the shirt sleeve. His mistakes while getting dressed remind Daichi of the big mistakes he is making... He should have told his parents about how he feels about Suga. He should tell Suga how he feels about him...

"I can't do it... I c-can't..." Daichi says, beginning to cry. "I c-can't go. I should h-have told t-them..." Upon noticing his friend cry, Suga hurries over to him and gives him hug.

"Tell who what?" Suga asks in a quiet voice, meanwhile rubbing Daichi's back.

"I s-should have t-told my parents t-that I like y-you." Suddenly, Suga stops rubbing Daichi's back. For a second, Daichi worries that he grossed his friend out... The worry soon goes away upon noticing his friend's smile. Suga, who had stopped rubbing Daichi's back, is now holding Daichi's face. The feeling of Suga's hands upon his face is extremely comforting.

"I'm glad," Suga says, and he too begins to cry. "I like you, Daichi."

Daichi.

Suga said his name without the -sama.

Suga said that he likes him.

A sudden "awwwww" makes them both jump."Ah, don't mind me," Daichi's mother says, with a small smile. "I didn't mean to interrupt... Honey, I just want you to know," Daichi's mother gazes directly into his eyes as she says, "the only thing your father and I want more than grandchildren is for you to be happy. If being with Suga-kun makes you happy then both your father and I are fine with it." Her smile is soon replaced with a frown as she adds, "Now hurry up and get dressed! You've made Suga-kun wait long enough!" Before either of them can respond in any way, she leaves.

"So, if you like me... Does that mean when you offered to help me get dressed so could see me naked (technically only nearly naked because of underwear xD)?" Daichi asks Suga with a smirk.

"What? No!" Suga shouts, with a blush on his cheeks. His blush intensifies as he mutters, "Honestly... Yes."