{13}

{13}

When you meet your soulmate, one of your eye's will change and gain the color of one of their eyes. Your and your soulmate's eyes will be a matching set.

Daichi emits a loud, frustrated sigh. Leave it to him to have met his soulmate, and not even realize it. Thanks to his lack of observation skills, Daichi only knows where he met his soulmate. After all, it wasn't until he had exited the park and pulled out his phone when he noticed it.

One of his hazel eyes had changed, and was now a stormy gray color.

All of that happened three days ago.

Now, on the fourth day, Daichi waits. He also watches. He looks everyone that walks past him in the eyes, hoping to see a familiar sight... Hoping to see one hazel eye and one stormy gray eye.

Daichi, growing desperate, even took the day off so he could sit at the park all day, and search for his soulmate.

So far, he has had no luck.

The only hazel colored thing he has seen is a jacket, and the only stormy gray thing he has seen, and still sees, is the winter sky.

Shifting his position on the wooden bench, Daichi glares at the snowflakes that fall from the sky. "At this rate, I'm going to freeze to death or turn into a snowman," Daichi mutters, all the while rubbing his eyes. He feels sleepy.

He hasn't slept well for three nights now. How could he ever sleep well, knowing that his soulmate is out there, likely searching for him like he is searching for them? Feeling as though he took a day off for nothing, Daichi decides to close his eyes.

He is just going to rest for a little bit.

Just for a few minutes.... Or just for a few seconds...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Excuse me... Are you alright?" A sweet voice asks, all the while gently shaking Daichi. Daichi, either from gaining a much needed rest, or curious to see who the owner of the sweet voice is, opens his eyes.

The man has skin as pale as snow.

The man has gray hair.

The man has one hazel eye, and one stormy gray eye.

If Daichi's face didn't feel as cold as ice, and if there wasn't a thin layer of snow on his jacket, Daichi would've sworn that he was dreaming.

"Y-You," Daichi stammers, finding himself unable to form a proper sentence. "Your e-eyes..." The man laughs, and it sounds like the ringing of bells.

"It seems as though we have finally found each other," the man says, flashing Daichi a small smile. "This is the first time I've been to the park in a few days... I got a cold and had to stay home..."

"Are you alright now?" Daichi asks, suddenly overcome with instinctive worry. His soulmate shouldn't be worrying about him, he should be worrying about himself! There's a moment of silence as Daichi struggles to think of what to say. What are good things to talk about with your soulmate?

"Yes, yes I'm fine. Anyways... I think I need to apologize to you... A few days ago, when we met, I accidentally hit your arm with mine and didn't really look... If I did we may have found each other-" Daichi is quick to interrupt him.

"I should apologize too. I'm guilty of the same mistake, aren't I?" Daichi says, flashing the kind man a reassuring smile. "I know I should tell you my full name, but there is no need... You can just call Daichi."

"Daichi, you can call me Suga," responds, "but we will need to tell each other our full names eventually... If we get married we would need to decided if we want to change our last names, and what to change them to..." As Suga speaks, a blush spreads across his cheeks. "But we have plenty of time to worry about that! We don't have to get married! We-" Daichi can't help but laugh at the flustered Suga.

"Suga, breathe. You make a good point... For now, would you like to get a coffee with me?" Daichi responds, and his words seem to almost automatically calm Suga down.

Daichi has never been so happy to see a nod in his life.

Extended (three years later):

"Sawamura Koshi... Sugawara Daichi..." Suga whispers, all the while staring at his plate of toast. Suga, who usually wakes up before Daichi, is struggling to figure out which he thinks sounds better. "Sawamura Koshi... Sugawara Daichi..." Both sound nice... But, for some reason, Suga prefers Sawamura Koshi. "I wish Daichi was awake so we could decide once and for all..." The two, despite the fact they are going to get married in two weeks, have yet to decide which one of them is going to change their last name.

"Suga? You're awake already?" Daichi says, upon entering the kitchen. Daichi's eyes are filled with worry. "Isn't it, like, three in the morning?" Suga can't help but laugh at his sleepy fiancé.

"It's seven in the morning, not three, silly," Suga says, all the while taking a bite of his toast.

"Either way, it feels like it's three in the morning..." Daichi mutters, all the while making his way over to Suga. Wrapping his arms around Suga, he adds, "Come back to bed. It's the weekend, there is no reason to be awake this early..."

"I want to have your last name," Suga says suddenly, surprising Daichi. "I think Sawamura Koshi sounds better than Sugawara Daichi..."

"Sawamura Koshi... Sugawara Daichi..." Daichi says, testing out the sound of the potential names for himself. "I think you're right.... Then again, Sugawara Daichi sounds a lot better when you say it..." Daichi's remark earns himself another laugh from Suga. "Why don't you say it again?"

"Sugawara Daichi," Suga says with a giggle. Upon saying it, Suga earns himself a trail of kisses that starts from his left shoulder, travels up his neck, and ends at his lips. Daichi's actions tickle, and soon enough Suga is laughing and blushing. "I love you, you fool."

"And I love you, Sawamura Koshi," Daichi responds, and afterward's gives Suga's forehead a kiss.

"Say it again," Suga says, all the while gazing into Daichi's eyes. Suga's eyes contain a happy gleam. Such a gaze makes it impossible for Daichi to resist saying it again.

"Sawamura Koshi."