{8}

{8}

Suga emits a loud sigh as he leans upon the check out counter. The bookstore, usually filled to the brim with customers is currently empty. Despite being tired, Suga wishes that a crowd would once again form. Without a crowd of customers, he has nothing to do. He stocked the shelves and took inventory earlier in the morning.

One would think that Suga could entertain himself by just looking at all the books around him. After all, his customers tell him that his store is like walking into a rainbow.

Suga wouldn't know.

Only those who have met their soulmate can see in color.

Suga hasn't met his yet.

He doesn't think he ever will.

Being stuck in his hometown, taking care of his father's business, he only mets new people when a crowd gathers around Christmas time. No one in his hometown is his soulmate, and no one that has visited, in previous years is his soulmate. Perhaps Suga isn't supposed to meet his soulmate...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You would think that Daichi, a famous author would love to travel. Sure, he loves meeting his fans, and seeing new places but he as grown bored. No matter how far he travels, no matter how often he travels, his world remains bland.

His world lacks color.

He hasn't met has soulmate yet.

With a loud sigh, he enters a small bookstore, with the words of his editor, Kiyoko Shimizu, echoing within his ears. "It's like walking into a rainbow. I asked Suga-san how he was able to arrange the books in a beautiful way, and he wasn't sure how he managed to do so himself. It's amazing he was able to arrange his bookstore in such a stunning way without being able to see in color. I hope he meets his soulmate soon...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daichi is tempted to laugh when his soulmate gasps, likely due to the fact that he is meeting his soulmate, and due to the fact that his soulmate is a famous author. Daichi's soulmate nervously runs one of his hands through his silver hair before stammering, "I'm S-Sugawara K-Koshi." Daichi can't help but note the faint blush upon his cheeks. Before Daichi can respond, he soon adds, "I love your books Sawamura-san!" The blush upon Suga's pale cheeks grows brighter as he adds the last part. Seeming to sense the fact that his cheeks have grown quite pink, Suga hides his face with his hands. "I'm sorry... I'm not sure what to say... I didn't think that I w-would ever meet my soulmate..."

"Y-Yeah I didn't think I would either..." Daichi responds, meanwhile sheepishly rubbing the back of his head. Daichi starts to open his mouth to say more when he notices that Suga is crying.

His soulmate is crying.

"I-I'm sorry I'm just so happy," Suga says, meanwhile wiping his eyes with his hands, attempting to wipe away his tears that fall without any sign of stopping.

Suga lets out a small, surprised squeak as Daichi wraps his arms around him. "I'm happy too." Daichi, who originally intended to stop Suga from crying further ends up crying along with him.

Extended (a year later)

"You need to either finish that chapter, or help me stock shelves," Suga says, giving his boyfriend what is supposed to be an intimidating glare. His look has anything but the desired affect.

"I'll help you stock shelves then," Daichi responds, rising from his seat behind the counter. "I don't really feel like working on it now anyway..."

"Shimizu is going to be mad if you miss your deadline again," Suga says, meanwhile attempting to place a book on the highest shelf. Suga, despite being fairly tall, has to to stand on his tip-toes to place the book on the shelf.

"I'll just tell her I couldn't because you are sick," Daichi responds, watching his boyfriend stock the shelves instead of helping. Daichi finds it adorable how Suga gently places each book on the shelf, and how he avoids using a ladder at all costs, even though it would be easier. It just goes to show that a determined Suga is a strong Suga.

"Don't make up such a terrible lie!" Suga says, and waves a book menacingly at Daichi. "Don't make me hit you with this!"

Daichi raises his hands in mock surrender, "fine I'll work on the story if..." Daichi's voice trails off as he gets distracted by the sight of Suga once again placing a book on the highest shelf. Suga, after rocking back and forth on his tiptoes, manages to put the book on the shelf. As the book moves forward, Suga moves (or rather falls) backwards. Luckily, Daichi is there to prevent Suga from falling to the floor.

"Why don't you just use a ladder?" Daichi asks Suga, who is currently trapped in his tight embrace. "It would be safer if you use a ladder. In fact, if you don't promise me that you'll use a ladder I won't be able to let you go."

After a few minutes of letting himself enjoy the feeling of Daichi's muscular arms around him, Suga mutters, "Fine but you have to work on your story."

Before Suga can further insist that Daichi needs to work on his story, Daichi starts to cover Suga's neck in kisses.

"S-Stop it tickles!" Suga exclaims, meanwhile laughing. Daichi, for once, listens to him. Hoping that Daichi will continue to listen to him, Suga adds, "Now let me go."

Daichi does let go, but soon grabs hold of Suga again. Gently turning Suga's head so they are face to face, Daichi kisses Suga on the lips. Suga, despite knowing that Daichi is doing this to distract him, goes along with it. After all, Suga can't resist kissing Daichi's soft lips.