Chapter 2

Kate’s P.O.V.

            “W-what mom,” I could barely talk.  My mom had just announced that she thought she was pregnant.

            “I said-,” she started, but I cut her off.

            “I know what you said, but how long have you thought you were pregnant for?”

            “A couple of weeks, but I haven’t gotten it checked out yet,” my mom said.

            “Mom, you have to tell the nurse or doctor or whatever,” I told her.

            “You’re not mad,” she asked timidly.

            “Why would I be mad?  You’re my mom and I’m supposed to support you, and vice versa.  Plus, you’re a grown woman; I have no control over you.”

            “But Kate you could leave me just like I left you.  You understand that, right,” she asked.

            “Mom, I don’t count it as you leaving me.  Look at it from my point of view.  I see it as if you left for a very long business trip, and you had no way of getting a hold of me.  That lead to us having no communication for about five years,” I explained as best as I could.

            “That’s a very long business trip,” she replied.

            “You were accused of a crime and then proven ‘not guilty’ five years later,” I said.

            “Wow, you’re imagination is as big as I remember it,” she laughed.

            “Which is tiny or big,” I questioned with a smile.

            “Probably in the middle,” my mom said.

            “But I was being serious when I told you that you need to tell the doctor about your suspicions,” I told her.

            “I know, but I just don’t know how to tell anyone about it,” my mom said hopelessly.

            “Do you want me to tell the doctor?”

            “No, Kate it’s not your responsibility.  Like you said, I’m a grown adult it’s about time I start acting like one.  Where’s your phone,” my mom asked me.

            “In my pocket, why,” I asked.

            “I’ll text you after I tell the doctor.  Now, I want you to go back to your room and relax,” my mom said in a stern, motherly voice.

            “K, I will.  I want your promise that you’ll rest if I leave,” I told her.

            “Okay, I’ll talk to you later,” she said around a yawn.

Miranda’s P.O.V.

            I told the doctor about my suspicions, and he immediately started doing tests.  My suspicions were confirmed when the doctor came into the room, and, indeed, told me that I was pregnant.  I texted Kate:

            Kate, I’m pregnant <3Love One Another<3

            Mom, what will happen? ~KaTe~

            I don’t know, but I want you to come talk to me in my room <3Love One Another<3

            I’ll be right there ~KaTe~