Chapter 11

Kate

Christian's Uncle Tom stopped in front of a small, but fancy, Italian restaurant.

"Really, Christian," I asked incredulously.

"What's wrong," he asked confusedly.

"Nothing is wrong," I told him. "It's just that this place is most likely going to be expensive." I didn't want him to spend too much money on me.

"Don't worry about it," Christian replied. "All that I give you tonight is what you deserve. Now, let's go eat some good food." I gawked at him in surprise. How could I not worry about the cost of us eating at such a fancy restaurant.

"I'll try, but I'm not promising anything," I sighed.

"K, let's go in," he smiled. He took my hand in his and led me inside. The place looked expensive; too expensive.

Christian

I knew Kate was worried about the price of the restraunt, but I would try to get her mind off of it.

The hostess led us to a quiet corner of the restraunt where we could talk among ourselves without worrying about easedroppers.

"Christian, are you sure about this," Kate asked uncertainly.

"Yes," I told her. "Now, stop worrying about it. I don't think my Aunt Caren and your mom dressed you up like that just to go to a fast food restraunt."

Before Kate could even reply, the waiter was at our table.

"Hi, my name's Chad and I'll be your server tonight. Can I get you anything to drink," Chad asked.

"Dr. Pepper, please," Kate said.

"I'll have a Dr. Pepper as well," I told him.

"I'll be right back with those," Chad said before he left.

"What are you getting to eat," Kate asked me.

"Um, I think that I'm just going to the get the spaghetti and ravioli plate that comes with garlic bread. What about you; what are you going to get to eat?"

"Chicken alfredo," she answered.

"Here are your drinks," Chad said as he sat our drinks down on the table. "Are you ready to order yet, or do you still need a few minutes to decide?"

"I think we're ready," I said. Kate and I both told him what we wanted, and then he took our menus and told us that he would have our food ready as soon as possible.

"So are you ready to go home," I asked Kate once Chad was gone.

"You bet I am," Kate replied. "What about you, though? I know that you've been here as long as I have, are you ready to go home?"

"I think I'm ready," I laughed. "Although, it's going to be weird living in a different house."

"Oh yeah, I forgot all about that," she said.

"Yesh, so how's tonight so far," I asked.

"Really good, but why did we get treated like this was a special occasion like prom," Kate asked rhetorically with a laugh.

"Exactly what I was thinking," I told her.

"Christian," Kate said with a wondering tone.

"Yes," I asked.

"When we go back home and start doing all of our school stuff, will we spend as much time together?"

"Yeah, we'll spend even more time together. I bet you that we can help each other out since we're both doing online schooling."