Chapter 2 TO STARBUCKS

*REVISED*

Background info

Taylor and Hunter are 19. Hunter is still an only child and Taylor now had a younger brother named Ethan who is 7.

*************************************************

Taylor's POV

I woke up to the sound of my ringtone blasting throughout my room. It was the sound of a duck quaking. I rolled over and checked the time.

"9:32. Who would text me at 9:30 in the morning?" I groaned.

Of course, it was Hunter.

I got my phone and turned it on, reading his message. We have been friends basically our whole lives. We have been through everything together, and we are super close. The weird thing is, we both have the same birthday, making us both 19 now. Our parents have always said we are twins separated at birth, even though we have two different mothers.

My phone ringing again broke me out of my thoughts.

Hunter said:

CoffeeCarsConverse&Music: "Hey Tay! What are you doing? :)"

I laughed at his nickname for me. He gave it to me when we were little and it just stuck. He never could say my name when we were very young, so he called my Tay. I quickly frowned at the memory. I have to stop thinking about the past. It just makes me think about what I need to ask Hunter.

I quickly replied:

To: CoffeeCarsConverse&Music

"Well I was sleeping.... •_•"

From: CoffeeCarsConverse&Music

"Oh sorry! I didn't mean to wake you up!"

To: CoffeeCarsConverse&Music

"It's fine. Are you up for coffee at Starbucks in like 20 minutes?"

From: CoffeeCarsConverse&Music

"Of course! I'll pick you up in 20!"

To: CoffeeCarsConverse&Music

"Okay. See you soon."

I jumped in the shower real quick and got dressed. I decided on a flowey light blue tank top, denim shorts, and my white flip-flops. I put my hair in a side braid, skipped the make-up, and headed out the door.

...

Hunter's POV

I got up at around 9:30. I texted Taylor, just see what she was doing.

To: ChuckTaylors

"Hey Tay! What are you doing? :)"

Usually, every morning I would text Taylor. We've been doing it ever since I moved to Nashville to stay in touch. When I moved, it was really hard on the both of us. We Skype and text, but it's hard not seeing each other as often. We are used to seeing each other all the time. That would be because we have been friends since I can remember. We've been through everything with each other, and we know each other inside and out.

My thoughts were interrupted by Taylor texting me back.

From: ChuckTaylors

"Well I was sleeping.....•_•"

I replied:

To: ChuckTaylors

"Oh sorry! I didn't mean to wake you up!"

We talked for a few minutes, and we decided to go get coffee. I told her I would pick her up in 20 minutes.

I took a quick shower put on a dark blue v-neck shirt, put on a pair of jeans, my converse , and walked downstairs to say good morning to my parents.

"Morning mom. Morning dad," I said as I walked into the kitchen. I gave my mom a kiss on the cheek.

"Morning Hunter," They said at the same time.

"Mom I'm heading over to Taylor's to go get coffee," I explained, grabbing a donut hole off a plate on the counter. I guess mom had made her homemade donuts. I would have to bring Taylor some later. She loves it when my mom makes donuts.

"Okay," My mom said cheerfully.

"Bye," I said called back as I opened the door. I grabbed my keys off the hook, them jingling in my hand.

"Bye," My mom said as I opened the door.

I walked across the street to Taylor's house. I knocked on their red door. I heard footsteps approaching, and seconds later the door opened, revealing Taylor. She just looked at me for a moment. Her eyes were clouded over, like they always did when she was upset.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Oh nothing. I'm just thinking about something," she explained, still looking a bit upset.

"We can talk about it at Starbucks if you want?" I offered.

"Alright," she sighed, following me across the street.

I unlocked my black Ford pickup truck and opened the door for her. She stepped up in and shut the door behind her. I walked around to my side and got in, quickly turning on the car.

"To Starbucks?" I asked, looking at Taylor.

"To Starbucks."