Chapter 18 Chats & Surprise

Hunter's POV

Recap:

So this is Taylor's 'new friend'.

This should be interesting...

Present day

"So what's her condition?" Nathan asked. He seemed concerned.

"She's in a coma on life support right now. She has 4 broken ribs. The bullet had went straight thru her stomach and bounced off her abdomen. She may never be able to kids and if she does get pregnant, it's highly likely the baby won't survive." I said as quickly as I could.

I had been saying that for a while and the quicker I said it, the less I thought about it.

"Oh.. Wow. Well I'm glad she's at least alive. How are you dealing?" He asked.

I picked up a British accent. Maybe he's a Brit.

"Okay I guess. I mean I haven't left here in days. Its nice to have a new person to talk to." I answered.

"Yeah. I'm glad I finally know someone round here besides my mates."

"Are you from England? I'm picking up a slight accent." I asked abruptly.

"Yeah. I actually used to live in London. I moved here to go to college."

"Oh."

"Are you in college?" He asked.

"Na. I'm a country musician. I don't really have time for college."

"Oh cool. You seem like a nice guy for Taylor to be with. She picked a good one." He said.

If I had a drink, I probably would have spit it out.

"Oh no... I'm just her friend.. Nothing more." I stuttered out.

"Come on man. I can tell you want to be something more. Why haven't you asked her yet?"

"Well.. I actually was going to ask her, then she was shot on the way there." I said, voice full of regret.

"Oh I'm sorry man."

"It's fine. How long are you going to stay? It's nice having someone new." I asked.

Frankly he seemed like a nice guy. I approve.

"Not much longer. I have to get back to work. I just wanted to check on Taylor during my lunch break."

"Oh ok well see ya! Hope to see you soon." I said as he walked out.

I looked back at Taylor's pale face. She still looked beautiful. Just how she always has been.

I began to pray. I needed to hear her talk, just one more time. To hear her laugh, one more time. To see her pretty hazel eyes, one more time.

"I miss you so much Taylor. Please come back.. I love you." I said. I missed her so much.

"I'll be back soon, Tay. I'm going to look for some coffee." I said as if she was awake.

I walked out and began my search for coffee.

The nurses said that there was some coffee in the break room I think. I walked down the hall. I found a room that seemed like a break room since it had a Coke machine and some tables.

I opened the door and there was a coffee pot, with some fresh coffee in the pot.

I got a cup and poured myself some.

"Hey H." a voice called inside.

"Oh my Lord! Spencer! Quit scaring me like that!" I yelled at my black-haired friend.

"Sorry H. I figured you would find the coffee at some point. So how's Taylor doing?"

"She's good. Still the same, as always. How about your aunt?" I asked.

"Oh she just woke up and became a unicorn and flew out the door." Spencer said sarcastically.

"Come on Spen. How is she really?" I asked. Spencer could be very sarcastic.

"Same. Still just laying there."

"Oh... So what are you doing today?" I asked.

In between thinking about and watching Taylor, I liked hanging out with Spencer. She's the only one who is here everyday with me. We have become really close, hanging out so much.

"I'm probably gonna head out and get some real food. This hospital food tastes like crap." she said.

"Ok. I'm just gonna stay here."

"Okay. Have fun Blondie." she said as she walked out.

She has called me Blondie for a while now. It's her thing.

I walked back to the room with coffee in hand and Taylor on my mind.

Once I arrived I was in for a big surprise.

"Hey Hunter."

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Thank y'all for 1.1K! You guys don't know how much I love ya! I'm so thankful for you guys.

Sorry the chapter is so short..

This chapter is dedicated to

@Hayeslover

She had a wonderful post. Love ya girl!

So I hope you guys all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

So for a dedication, tell me your favorite food at Thanksgiving! Most creative gets a dedication!

Bye marshmallows!

~Liz :-)