Chapter 13 Broken

Hunter's POV

I sat there for probably an hour before a doctor came in.

His name was Dr. Raymond.

He explained that Taylor had some severe injuries.

She had surgery to remove the bullet. It had hit her stomach and abdomen, but it hadn't caused to much damage.

All it really did was possibly not let her have kids. They weren't quite sure yet but they weren't positive.

They also said she couldn't breathe on her own and her heart beat was very weak. She had gone into shock from blood loss.

So they put her on life support. That was the only thing keeping her alive.

She had 4 broken ribs from Ray kicking her in the stomach.

And to top it all off, she was in a coma.

That right there made me burst into tears.

Why did this have to happen to me?

Why did it have to happen?

The doctor had left awhile ago, leaving me to sit here and worry if she would survive.

About 30 minutes later of me just holding her hand, I heard the door open.

I looked up and I saw 5 crying faces.

I instantly recognized them as my mother, Taylor's mother, her twin cousins Tiffani and Ally, and Claire.

I thought her mom would come, but not her cousins or Claire.

Oh who am I kidding.

If your best friend ,that your were so close with that you were practically sisters,was dying in the hospital, why wouldn't you come see her?

Or if your cousin that you were best friends with was dying, why wouldn't you go and check on them?

They all walked over to the bed Taylor was laying in.

"My baby..." Terry trailed off clutching her daughters hand while she sobbed.

Tiffani, Ally, and Claire all walked towards me while my mother comforted Terry.

"What's her condition?" Claire asked.

I began to explain the situation to them the way the doctor had to me.

In the middle of me saying that she was on life support, Claire burst into tears. I knew how hard it was for her to see her best friend like this.

I think I would know how it feels.....

We all just sat there comforting each other.

Eventually the doctor came back from running the tests.

"Ok so what we have found out is that Taylor can no longer have children because of that bullet. I'm so very sorry." He said.

"Are you sure... She can't ever have kids?" My mother asked.

Oh gosh... She has always wanted us to have kids.

"Well, she has a very slim chance of getting pregnant. The chances are about 9%. It would be very difficult for her to get pregnant, even if she could."

"Ok... Thank you for everything doctor." Terry said.

"Your welcome. Just hit that button if you need anything or of something happens." he said while pointed to the red button by Taylor's bed.

He walked out the door and we were alone.

"Well I getting hungry, does anyone want to come with me?" Claire asked.

"I'll go. Terry you should come too. You need to eat something." my mother said.

"Ok. I'll come Lynnette." Terry said as they walked out the door.

They left and it was just me and the twins.

"So how are you dealing?" I asked them.

They weren't their usual bubbly selves. Ally, Tiffani, and Taylor all could be triplets, if they weren't born to different mothers.

"Well I'm ok, I just, I just, miss her. I was hoping to go on a shopping spree since we came to town. Now I'm not leaving until she is better. And I'm gonna kill Ray." Ally said.

The thing about Ally is she can go from crazy to serious to totally pissed off in a matter of seconds.

"I agree. Ray is going to pay when he gets out if jail." Tiffani said.

"Once I can get my hands on him..... He is going to know not to mess with Taylor ever again. He needs to pay for hurting MY Taylor.... But why! Why can't I be in her spot. She doesn't deserve this. She deserves to be happy and awake and ALIVE! She doesn't deserve to be laying in a hospital bed fighting for her life...." I trailed off.

I honestly just zoned out when Ally and Tiffani tried to comfort me. It didn't matter anymore. Nothing did. Except Taylor being alive.

I'm literally broken.

I wonder sometimes.... if everything really does happen for a reason.

Because what reason could this have happen for?

Just to completely break me?

Make me not want to be on this Earth anymore?

Make everything seem like I'm just going thru the motions?

Well I guess it's all of the above.

Because without her, I'm never going to be the same.

•••

I didn't leave the hospital that night.

My mother begged me to go back to the hotel, change, take a shower, eat, but I wasn't having it.

"I'm not leaving until Taylor is awake and healthy in my arms." I said with a hint of annoyance in my voice.

They had been asking me all day to leave.

Not happening.

My mom sighed.

We were the only ones here. Ally and Tiffani had left to change and eat. Claire and Terry both left to get some sleep.

"Fine." she said. "At least eat something here."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night.." I said.

She kissed my head.

"Bye. I'll be back tomorrow." she said as she walked out the door.

"Bye." I called after her.

I sighed and sat back in the chair that has been my home today.

"Well I guess it's just you and me Tay." I said.

The doctor told me she might be able to hear us.

I just began to tell stories about us from when we were little.

I thought she might like them if she could actually hear me.

Eventually, I began to get tired.

My eyes started to droop.

I leaned back in my chair, and fell asleep.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Howdy!

So double update! I'm so proud of myself! :) Well... Not an actually double update but two days in a row! I had almost finished the chapter last night but then I fell asleep..... :/

Well there's not much to say.... Hmm... how about we do this.

You guys ask me any question you want and I'll answer it!

So go go go!

Have fun marshmallows!

~Liz :-)