Chapter 24 Goodbyes

• Dedicated to All Of My Amazing Readers

Taylor's POV

I awoke to Hunter shaking me.

"Taylor!" he yelled.

I squinted my eyes due to the sudden brightness. I heard everyone yelling, and they were leaning down, heads in their laps.

"What's going on?" I asked, suddenly fully awake.

"I don't know. I don't know," He said, shaking his head.

I looked out the window again. The world was falling at an insanely fast pace. My subconscious had theories that I refused to acknowledge.

My heartbeat sped up, I could hear it in my ears. I looked over to Hunter again, and this time a flight attendant was telling him to put his head down.

He did as he was told, and I did the same.

The lump in my throat grew. We were falling, falling out of the sky. We were going to crash, into the land below.

"Hunter?" I asked, grabbing his hand.

"Yeah?" he responded, squeezing my hand lightly.

"Are we going to crash? Are we going to die?" I asked, voice cracking at the end.

He swallowed, then paused. After a short hesitation, he answered, "I hope not."

I let a few tears escape my eyes. We were going to die, I knew it. Hunter's hesitation told me.

I began to cry, and Hunter joined. I was going to die, in a plane crash, without seeing my family again. Without telling them I loved them one last time.

I would die without completing my dreams. I would be gone forever. And Hunter. He would be with me at least. That's what I thought at least.

Hunter wrapped his arms around to comfort me.

"Shh.." he said, rubbing my back.

"Get down! Get under your seats!" a flight attendant yelled.

Hunter and I got down and crawled under them. I didn't know if this was supposed to help or what, but I was terrified.

But I guess I wasn't afraid of dying, just not saying goodbye. I knew it coming, I think that everyone on this plane did it.

The flight attendants crouched down too.

Hunter and I lied there, unmoving, his arms around me, my head on his chest.

"I love you," he said, fear laced in his voice. One of his tears landed on my cheek.

"I love you," I said back, letting a few more tears slip.

The plane suddenly rocked and jerked, followed by a loud blast.

I felt searing pain and heard cries. I saw a light, and I welcomed the darkness.

•~• 1 DAY LATER •~•

"Flight 23 heading to New Orleans, Louisiana crashed in a small town in Alabama early Tuesday morning. There were 56 people on the plane, and there were no survivors. All our prayers go out to those families. And now, John with the weather," the television said.

In the small town of Breaux Bridge, many families mourned the loss of Hunter Hayes and Taylor Baker.

Taylor's family sat in their living room, watching the news, sobbing for their loss. Hunter's parents were there too, crying over their talented son.

Taylor's brother was hurt the worst. As he grew up,he developed depression and anxiety.

Sam quit music, but Sam and Claire stayed together.

Everyone knowing the two music lovers cried that day, and many more after that.

Hunter's fans were upset for months, but they kept his spirt alive.

They knew he wouldn't like it if they cried over him. He'd want them to be happy.

The funeral was beautiful. They were in caskets beside one another, laying peacefully. The rescue crew had uncovered their charred bodies.

The two were buried next to each other, and their headstones read,

'Music lovers and Best friends. They will be missed dearly by all that knew them. May the music and memories live on.'

The End.