Chapter 5 Lost In The Woods & IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE

(A.N: more of a serious chapter! Figured you guys would like some seriousness. :) Also IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END! PLEASE READ! here's chapter 5)

*REVISED*

Taylor's POV

Oh crap.

I really need to run.

I quickly started to run away. It's a good thing I did cross country! I didn't turn around since I could hear Hunter's footsteps behind me. I ran off my deck, across my backyard, and into the woods.

We had a HUGE woods behind our house. And I mean huge. It's over 2 acres.

I continued to run deeper and deeper into the woods. I practically knew this woods like the back of my hand. Hunter and I would come back here and build forts when we were little. Some of them are still here. Like our tree house. I seriously love that tree house! It has everything in it you need to live. We used to hang out up there all the time.

I'm really glad that I didn't take my shoes off when we got outside. If I did I would have a lot of thorns or splinters in my feet.

I couldn't here Hunter's footsteps behind me anymore. I finally lost him! I started to slow down and catch my breath from running so much. I had been running for a while, so I lost track of how deep I had gone into the woods. I looked around and didn't recognize anything around me.

Oh come on.

Am I lost?

No I can't be lost.

Right?

Right.

I continued to look around for a while trying to recognize something around me. Nothing was ringing a bell. I remembered that in order to find your way back to the house you had to follow these markings my dad had put on the trees. He did it so you couldn't get lost.

You had to look for an X with a number under it. The number represented how many square yards till the house. We owned 1 acre of this woods. The other half was my neighbors.

I began to search for one of those markings. I couldn't find one anywhere. And that can mean only one thing. I'm in the part of the woods no one ever goes in. We aren't supposed to come in this part because of my neighbor. It's his property and he gets mad if he finds someone on his property. I was starting to freak out. What if he finds me? What if I can't find my way back? What if I die out here? Would Hunter even care if I-

No Taylor don't you dare think like that. Of course he would. He's your best friend! That's stupid to think. I needed to find my way back. And soon. Hunter is probably worried. Heck I'm worried. I started to try and retrace my steps. I began to walk back the way I came. At least I thought it was.

I managed to find my way back to our property, after 2 hours has passed.

"Yes! Whoop whoop! Who's got awesome navigation skills! Taylor does!" I yelled.

Everything seemed to be turning around. I guess I spoke to soon. It began to pour. Insanely hard.

*BOOM! CRACK!*

Really! Thunder and lighting! Sometimes, I swear Mother Nature doesn't like me.

And I was still in my bathing suit. Freezing my butt off. I ran to try and find shelter till the storm slows down. I ended up finding one of our old forts.

I quickly crawled inside. Luckily this fort had a tarp. I was freezing and I didn't have my phone. Great.

Note my sarcasm.