Chapter 19 Surprise?

Recap:

Once I arrived, I was in for a big surprise.

"Hey Hunter."

.....................................................

Hunter's POV

"Hey Hunter." a weak voice said.

"T-Taylor?" I stuttered.

I dropped the coffee and ran to her side.

"You awake! Are you okay? Does anything hurt? Oh my gosh I need to call everyone!" I rambled as I pressed the little red button by her bed.

The doctor and a few nurses came rushing into the room.

They all breathed a sigh if relief when they realized Taylor was awake.

"Okay Miss Taylor please don't try to talk, you have an oxygen tube in your mouth." The doctor said.

He and one of the nurses came next to her and took the oxygen tube out.

"Okay you can talk now Miss Taylor. Can I ask you a few questions?" he asked.

Taylor just nodded.

"Okay. First, are you in any pain?"

"A little. My head and my stomach." she answered.

"Okay we'll get you some pain medication. Next, when is your birthday?"

"September 9, 1991."

"Okay good. Who are your closest family and friends?"

"Mom, Dad, Dillion, Hunter, Claire, Tiffani, and Ally."

"Okay that rules out any memory loss. Let me just check a few things." he said as he stepped closer to Taylor.

He felt around her ribs and she winced every so often. Then he felt her stomachs and she kept wincing.

"Okay it looks like your ribs aren't fully healed yet, and your stomach is still in the healing process as well."

"When can I go home?" Taylor asked in a weak voice. Her voice sounded so foreign. It didn't sound like her.

"I'd say in a week or so. That way we can make sure your ribs and stomach are almost healed before you go home. But, your ankle has healed nicely. You won't need the brace anymore. Also I have some news, but I think it would be better if your friend told you. Hunter? Could you please tell her?"

He gave me a look saying, 'You know what to tell her'. I guess I knew what to tell her.

The doctor and nurses walked out leaving me a Taylor alone.

Well here goes nothing.

"Okay Tay. Remember where the bullet hit you?" I asked.

She nodded.

"Well it bounced off your abdomen, which in the process ripped it and now.... Well you may never be able to have kids. If you did become um pregnant, they most likely wouldn't survive." I said as gently as I could.

Taylor had wanted kids ever since we were kids. Telling her she couldn't have kids was like telling me I couldn't do music.

She just broke down in heart-wrenching sobs. I wanted to take away all of her pain, but I knew I couldn't.

I just wrapped my arms around her, and whispered sweet nothings in her ear.

She eventually calmed down when I started singing 'Cry With You'.

I had written that song about her in the 7th grade when she just about had every traumatizing thing that could happen to a person happen.

"Shh." I said as I rubbed her back.

She leaned into me.

"Why? Why did he have to do this?" she said in a whisper.

All that crying didn't do much to help her voice.

"I don't know Tay, but God does. He has everything planned out for everyone. He wouldn't do that to you if he knew you couldn't handle it." I said.

"Your right." She said, snuggling closer to me.

"You know when I was in a coma, I could hear you." she said.

I blushed. Had se heard me say I love you? Oh no...

"O-Oh. What you hear?" I stuttered out.

"Just that you missed me and that Nathan had stopped by. And something else..." she trailed off.

"What else did you hear?" I asked, my curiosity getting the best do me.

"Oh just you say 'I love you'."

I blushed.

"Oh.." I trailed off.

"Yeah. Hunter look. I love you too. I have for a long time. And..." she trailed off uncertainly.

"Taylor, I've loved you since the 2nd grade. And I know this isn't the ideal place for me to ask this, but um.."

She cut me off by kissing me.

"Yes. I'll be your girlfriend."

|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~

Hey y'all!

THEY ARE FINALLY TOGETHER!!!

DO YOU LOVE ME OR WHAT?

Haha so my break from school ends tomorrow:( I have school:( So this is the last update till I have time again.

I'm gonna miss y'all!

So anywho I hope you guys loved that little surprise.

And the dedication goes to...

@ally_hayniac

Loved the comment and thanks for sharing! Love ya' <3

So to get a dedication this time...

Come up with a ship name for Hunter and Taylor!

My TWO favorites get a dedication...

Thanks y'all'

Oh P.S. Please check out Taylor's fanfiction, Baby Steps. It would mean a lot to her:)

~Liz :-)