Chapter 8 Sea Lions & Roller Coasters

Taylor's POV

Hunter and I ended up watching the sea lions show. It was hilarious! The actors were so funny. In the beginning, there was a pirate walking around, making fun of people. It was so funny!

After the show, we walked back to the penguin area and got in line for the penguin ride, called 'Journey to Antarctica'.

It was all about a small penguin named Pip and his journey to explore Antarctica.

You waited in what looked like an ice cave. Once it was your turn, you got in a cart that spun around. Then you followed Pip thru your journey, while dodging getting eaten by a sea lion.

At the end, you walked out into the penguin exhibit. There were about 100 penguins. You could even see then swimming under water!

Once we were done with the penguins, we walked out and found a bench to sit on.

"So, do you want to go on the roller coasters yet?" I asked Hunter.

"Sure. Lets do the Kraken first." he said.

We made our way over to the Kraken. It was one of two roller coaster at SeaWorld.

I am a total roller coaster fanatic. Let me just get that straight here.

It didn't take long since we used a fast pass type thing. We got on and it was awesome! There was a huge loop, and so many twists and sudden turns!

Once we got off, we headed to the other roller coaster, The Manta.

This one is by far my favorite. You are laying on you stomach the whole ride. I felt like I was flying. It was like you were Superman for 2 minutes.

"SUPERMAN!" Hunter and I yelled as we went down the big hill.

I pretty sure we went on that coaster 6 times..

"Now what?" Hunter asked as we came off the ride for the 7th time.

"How about we go and look at the animals?" I said.

"That's cool. Which ones first?" he asked.

"Dolphins?" I asked.

"Sure. Speaking of dolphins, I have a surprise for you." He said.

"Your just full of surprises, aren't you Hayes?" I asked him.

"Yup. It's what I do best! Besides music music that is...."

I laughed. He hasn't changed. This was exactly how he was in middle school. Always teasing me as saying I could never beat him at a singing competition. Until the one day I did...

Oh that was an amazing day....

FLASHBACK

It was in the 7th grade. March 23, 2003. Also know as the day I beat Hunter Hayes.

Every year, our school had a talent show. Hunter and I had always performed together. Every yer we won.

This year we decided to change things up a bit. I was going to sing 'Beautiful' by Christina Aguilera. Hunter was going to sing 'Hey Good Lookin' by Jonny Cash.

We had always been competitive and wanted to win. I really hoped would win, but I didn't mind either way.

I was extremely nervous. I have never done something like this on my own before. Hunter had already gone and had done an amazing job, just like I knew e would. Hunter came up to me before I went on stage.

"Good luck! I know you'll do great. Even if you don't win, you still will do amazing." he said.

He always knew what to say. I gave him a hug.

"Thank you Hunter" I whispered.

After that I walked out and began to sing. I honestly thought I did amazing.

Once I finished I got a standing ovation. I walked off stage and Hunter was right there waiting for me.

I jumped into his arms and e spun me around.

"You were amazing Taylor!" he yelled, then hi-fived me.

"Thanks! You did great too!" I said back.

We watched the others perform from back stage. Finally it was time for the awards to be given out.

Third place got a trophy and $25.

Second place got a trophy and $50.

First place got a trophy and $100.

The announcer was standing at the podium in front of us. We were all in a line waiting anxiously.

Third place went to my other best friends Claire. She was also singing.

Now Hunter and I were nervous. Along with the other 7 kids on the stage.

"Second place... goes to...." the announcer said, leaving us in suspense.

"Hunter Hayes!" he said.

I looked at Hunter and he was really happy. He never cared if you won Orr lost, as long as he did his best and he knew it, he was fine.

"And now...... first place goes to........ Taylor Baker!" He yelled.

I was totally shocked. I walked up and got my trophy an money.

We all walked of the stage into the audience. As soon as I reached my parents, they engulfed me in a hug.

After our little hug fest, I went over to Hunter.

"I knew you could do it Tay!" he said as he hugged me again.

That was an amazing night.....

Until the next day. That was on of the scariest days of my life.

It all started.......

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Hey I'll post the rest of the of that soon!! I thought I needed a cliffhanger.

Sorry it's so short but I have a short little story for you,

So today I was waiting for the school bus. (I can drive.... just don't have a car.... neither do my friends.....)

And it was really late.. so I'm out there for like a half an hour waiting, doing random things such as searching for the moon.

I was texting my friend and her and another girl in our neighborhood came over and got me.

Then we just hung out at her house. We did a lot if stuff such as play with a dog, played with a football, took a walk, we did it all.

The bus still isn't here. Another half hour passed and my brother comes over with my dad and he's ready for school, along with my friends brother.

So my dad ended up driving us to school. (he doesn't let me drive his car).

Long story short, I missed all of first period, and why didn't my bus come you ask.

Well, my sub bus driver we had for the past 2 days that was tsing our bus drivers place while he was in Florida, never showed up!

The bus didn't even leave the bus garage!!!

But it was funny, since my best friends thought I was dead...... haha anyway

I hoped you liked it!

~Liz:-)