2. Keon

Keon's POV

Beep. Beep. Beep.

SLAM

I recoiled my stretched out arm back under my blanket. Hmm warmth. Yes I beat the shit out of the little shit, still I use it everyday. I lay on my back staring blankly at the ceiling.

Another day for me to be useless yet productive at the same time.

I swung my feet over to the end of my bed and hopped off. Stretching my tired limbs, I made my way out of my room and into the kitchen where everyone sat down. Mom and dad were off by the stoves 'cooking'- more like flirting. Ellie, my sister, and her fiance, Xander sat in the dining room planning their wedding.

They look so happy and very much in love. I can't help but feel so, alone.

But I don't let it show. That's not me. I'm the one who usually annoys the crap out of everyone. I make sure to always try my best to not let people feel how I've felt. Sad, lonely and depressed.

Wow I sound like some bitter old man. Maybe I am. After all, I've experienced more shit than most people my age do. I've been shot multiple times, joined a turf war battle with some stupid gang, and successfully made the company I built on my own prosper. Yeah, I have all rights to be bitter.

"Morning," I greet passing by the old couple. Mom pulls me into a hug and pecks my cheek.

"How was your sleep?" She asked with a concerned tone. This woman is not my real mom. Eva was Ellie's mom actually. But she has such a kind heart, she treats me like a real son. My real mom died when I was still a child. We were kidnapped because of my old man's involvement with the mafia. I made it out alive, while mom sadly didn't.

Her last words to me were, "Love and protect your family. Family is everything. Always have a big heart but be cautious, because sometimes the ones with the biggest of hearts are the ones left in the dark."

"I slept fine," I assured mom. The flight was horrible, but I sucked it up just so I could be here for my little sister's wedding. She's so happy with that asshole I can't help but hope one day I'll find someone like that of my own.

That's another thing that I've learned. Life is cruel. I've been engaged at east three times and none of them worked. I was nothing but loyal, loving, and attentive. But I guess it came off as being "too suffocating" or "too over-possessive."

"I'm so happy to see you again!" Ellie tackled me with a hug. I chuckled whirling her around while she had her arms wrapped around my neck. Her giggles echoed in the room making all the troubles of flying out here worth it.

"Hey how's it been," Xander greets me with a friendly hug. I smiled at the two knowing they're perfect for one another.

"The same. Avoiding my ex-fiance's calls, managing my own company, and being the sexy man I am," I smugly replied. They burst into fits of laughter knowing how I mean every word I said. Mom placed the food down on the table while dad helped by setting the table for her. I swear, mom has it in her to make dad work. Before all this, dad was horribly lazy and wouldn't even lift a finger around the house.

We start eating while talking about their wedding. Ellie wants it to be outdoors, while Xander wants it to be in some nice fancy chapel. They made a compromise and outdoors it is.

"I say blue," Xander declares.

"Why blue? It's summer. I want warm colors for the flowers," Ellie points to the pamphlet.

"Because blue reminds me of your eyes," Xander cooed. Ellie blushed and dropped the pamphlet.

"Ahw thanks. I know my eyes are pretty, but come on. You're marrying my sister. We can't have this affair," I winked at Xander who grimaced. Ellie choked on her water, dad almost spit his food out, and mom looked at us in amusement. My phone rang so I excused myself from the group. The group I was technically 5th wheeling. The screen flashes my best friend's name and ugly picture.

"Nicholaaaaaaaas. What's up. What's up," I dragged his name out knowing how much it annoyed him.

"Keon, you immature fuck. Heard you were in town. I demand to see my best friend since diaper days," he chuckled. I smiled happy to hear he wants to hang out with me. Nicholas Avery has been my best friend long before I could ever remember. He's been there for me through everything. We even had battle scars in commemoration of all the fist fights and turf wars we've done.

"Okay. Where do you want to meet?" I hopped around my room getting ready. Silence took over before he chuckled again in his own Nick kind of way.

"Are you barely getting ready? It's already 1 PM for fuck's sake." I rolled my eyes and tricked him by flushing the toilet. He made a sound of disgust while I laughed imagining his facial expression. We made plans of where to meet and hung up. I yelled my goodbyes, slammed the front door closed, and drove to the destination. The bell chimes as I walked into the cafe.

"Hey you asshole," Nick pulled me in for our top secret manly handshake and took our seats. We ordered our drinks then idly chat just to catch up. I told him about my crazy ex-fiance Jenni.

"Dude are you fucking serious?! That's insane!" his laughter filled the entire room causing everyone to glare at us. I shrugged the unwanted attention and laughed along with him.

"Yeah. She followed me to my dad's house and thought I was having an affair with Ellie. My little sister. So she tried to fight her. But my sister is tough as nails. She knocked the bitch out cold in minutes."

Nick doubled in laughter, now clapping like a seal. It's been at least three years since that happened. I haven't tried to be in a relationship for a while because of such disaster following me. Plus with all the bank I'm making, it's hard to find someone who will love me for the pathetic loser I truly am on the inside.

"Your phone's ringing," I point out. Nick cursed under his breath which meant it was none other than his sister, Brooke. While Ellie and I have a good relationship, theirs on the other hand is not so nice. Nick is the guy who gives out wise words of wisdom, while Brooke is the one who breaks away from the said advises.

Nick says no dating some douche named Devin, Brooke dates the guy.

Nick tells her not to drive in the snow, Brooke lands in a ditch somewhere.

Nick warns her from going to parties- you get the point.

Still, like me, Nick loves his little sister to death and would do anything to make her happy. Even if it backfires horribly by turning her to a spoiled brat- his words, not mine.

"Are you fucking serious?" Nick yelled into the phone. I leaned back on my chair and decided to play with the straws. I ripped the top of the paper wrapping then blew into it. Aimed at my raging best friend, the paper hits him smack in the eye. He shot me a deathly glare while I heaved out in laughter.

"I'll be there. Don't move," he ends the call with a loud sigh. I ignored it knowing what he's going to ask me next. He chucks a packet of artificial sweetener at my face, still I ignore.

"Oh come on. It will only take 10 minutes tops. I promise," he pleads.

"What happened this time?" I caved in.

"She's stuck at a party. Specifically, the bathroom. Devin cheated, again. What a surprise. So Brooke ran off to the bathroom and now the dick won't leave her alone. I'm scared she might have been drugged because she could barely even talk. She kept vomiting," Nick spoke in a more serious tone now. Brooke might be a huge pain in the ass, but knowing them for a long time, I've thought of her as my own sister as well.

"Fine. I'll drive. We'll pick her up and drop her off at her place. Got it?"

☆☆☆ 

So... Yep. That's a glimpse of the real Keon. He has some kind of separation anxiety. Given his past.

Hope you guys liked it. As usual, have a nice fuckboi free day!