5. Ham

Keon's POV

A month. It's been an awful long month with no luck of running into her. The beautiful angel who left me awestruck.

"Mr. Voss? The meeting is about to begin," the employee ushered me over to the room filled with boring business men. I took a seat, the only one unoccupied which was in the very center of the room. Clearly showing my dominance.

Let the torture begin.

"I don't give a fuck whether or not you can't make it. We made a deal, and you're going to make sure it happens. Or else. Do I make myself clear?" I spoke with a deadly tone making the businessman sweat profusely.

I may be kind when it comes to my family and friends. But in the business world, I'm ruthless. With the money I've accumulated, my connections, and influence, I can obliterate those who dare to cross me. I won't hesitate to ruin someone who gets on my bad side. And that's the thing. My bad side isn't so bad. Once we've made a deal, I expect it to be followed through. And I will not stand for traitors. I detest liars the most.

"Y-yes. I'm sorry- I was being stupid," he rambled on. I sighed tugging on my tussled hair. After making sure that they will all comply with the agreement, I dismissed them enjoying the peace and quiet.

The door of my office swung wide open revealing Nick who smiled widely. I raised a brow in suspicion as he merrily strode in whistling some tune. My eyes then traveled down to the bags of take out he carried in his hands.

"Got you food," he set one on my table and I didn't waste a second before digging in.

"You're the best," I moaned from the the glorious taste of Chinese food.

"Treat this as... my way if cheering you up," Nick smirked knowingly.

"It's been a month, Nick. A month," I sighed dejectedly. I searched everywhere, went and asked about her- I did everything. Just to turn out with nothing. It's as if she wasn't supposed to be there or was a ghost.

"Dude, listen to me. You'll definitely meet again. Life just has a weird twist to it. You just have to wait it out for now," Nick shrugged then continued shoveling food into his mouth. I rolled my eyes and went on to finish my food. He knows how impatient I can get. Especially when I have no control over the possibility of us meeting again.

•••

"KEON!" I jumped out of my bed in haste and hovered down the stairs in lightning speed.

"What the flying fuck happened here?" I huffed out. I let my palms rest on my knees and hunched my back trying to catch my breath. There were papers scattered everywhere, and everyone in their own world.

Ellie and Xander -along with their close friends- huddled in the messy living room. Skye and Collin snored as they cuddled on one of the couches. While two girls, Tessa and Julia, rolled all over the wooden floor fighting over the last pint of ice cream. Which Jaden took and ate while playing some video game. Lastly, the engaged couple were loudly bickering over their wedding plans.

"I just want a simple wedding!" Ellie screamed. She ran her hands over her face in frustration, walking away from Xander. He advances over to her engulfing her in a tight hug as she struggled to break free.

Most of the time, I always joke around and make it my mission to annoy them by cock blocking. But seeing as how this is a touchy subject, I'd rather join Jaden and kill some zombies. Not gonna cuddle with the couple, or fight with the two girls.

"So... why the fuck am I here?" I asked over their raised voices.

"You're going to help me get out of here," she huffed.