9. Chocolate

Sorry for not updating any sooner. I forgot to publish it... yeah... I know. I suck. Lol.

Enjoy~

♡♡♡

Keon's POV

I did it. I fucking did it. All because of a bet, but I still did it. And I'll make sure I win.

My eyes tore away from the desolate road and land on the sleeping beauty to my right. Her dark eyelashes curled to perfection, her lips slightly pursed as she dreamt- just watching her sleep next to me made me happy.

I sound like a creep.

I kept driving until we arrived at my favorite little diner a good amount of walking distance away from an outdoor mall. Ellie made it a point for all of us to eat dinner together, but tonight is special. Hopefully she'll let it slide once I tell her why.

"We're here," I gently nudge her shoulder and watch as her light gray eyes sleepily look around. She stretched like a cat before stepping out of the car when I opened it. We walked side by side over to the diner. The bell chimes as we enter. We were then greeted by Ms. Summers, the nice old lady who owns the diner I frequent at.

I would've brought Aisha to a five star restaurant but knowing her, she'd feel too anxious in an unfamiliar setting. The night I met her was evidence of how much she doesn't fit in so well. I don't want her to freak out and build more walls.

"You two love birds can go sit right over here," Ms. Summers ushered us to a table next to the glass window. Aisha frowned at the mention of us being lovers, but remained quiet. I pulled the chair out for her as she stood still looking out the window. About a minute pass when she snapped out of her trance and hesitantly sat in her seat. I then sat across from her, stealing glances over my menu.

"So... wanna tell me about yourself?" I attempted to make conversation. Aisha locked eyes with me, opening her lips, then clamped them shut just to shake her head in response. I sighed dejectedly. But what can I do? Having her actually agree on the bet was a miracle enough. It'll take days for me to reach yet another progress.

A tapping noise pried me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see Aisha pointing at a large picture of the chocolate pie. She looked away and cleared her throat as she summoned up the courage to speak her mind.

"I like chocolate," she mumbled looking up through her thick dark lashes. I instantly smiled seeing her effort as so fucking adorable. One of the waiters walked over, mainly eyeing Aisha like some candy- which pissed me off beyond belief.

"Welcome to Summer Diner, I'll be your waiter for this evening. What can I get you?" He spoke with his gaze still locked on my girl. I cleared my throat glaring daggers at him. We stared at each other until he finally caved in and looked away.

I ordered Aisha's food for her not forgetting about the chocolate pie she pointed out. After ordering for the both of us, the waiter scurried away intimidated by my killer glare.

"I got you some food before dessert if that's alright," I assured Aisha. She nods and gave me a faint smile- completely brightening my shitty mood. When our food arrived, we ate in comfortable silence. We've established some way of communication where I'd talk and Aisha, if she felt like it, would respond by using gestures or sign language. Being in charge of a business where I'm required to meet with all types of people, I became fluent in different languages- including sign language.

"So you really like chocolate huh," I said more to myself. Maybe I'll order her a chocolates from all over the world... if it makes her happy, I'd order dozens just to see that smile.