18. The Feels

Keon's POV

"I like you."

I looked at her angelic face with wide eyes. Sure, I let my confidence crumble unknowingly, but I didn't expect her to return my feelings. At least not this way. I never liked the feeling of being pitied, much less anything close to it.

"Aisha... though I normally would've jumped up and down, maybe scream my heart out with pure joy- I can't accept a rushed response like this. I don't ever want to force my feelings on you," I slowly retracted my hands out of her hold. My heart aches when she looks at me teary-eyed.

"B-but you asked," her voice was as faint as a silent whisper.

"I know, I just- I shouldn't have made it so you felt obligated to tell me. I should've kept my cool," I forced a chuckle. Which ultimately made me want to bang my head on the table. That laugh was not convincing at all.

"You like me don't you?" Her question lingered in the air. I put my hand over her small ones, massaging them to soothe the negativity swirling in her head away.

"A whole lot. Enough to not get sleep for three days to look for you. To actually initiate war with a biker's gang. I even spent a fuck load of months watching you in coma. Nothing could ever describe what I really feel for you," I swallowed down the urge to pull her face closer to kiss her soft lips.

"Okay," she breathed out. I breathe out in relief, happy she understood. She mumbles something under her breath making me lean in for better hearing.

"What?" I asked.

☆☆☆

Aisha's POV

I let out a shaky breath waiting for him to lean in. Nothing could explain what demon possessed my body. Because I definitely wouldn't, in a million years, attempt what I'm determined to do.

"What?" He asked. Our faces merely inches apart. The warmth of his minty breath fanning my blush filled cheeks.

"Kiss me," I blurted out. Patience wouldn't be my so called best attribute. Besides ignoring people when they try to make me talk- that's really as far as my patience goes.

His eye widened in shock from my vulgar way of putting things. I can go days not acknowledging people- Brooke even -but when it came to this wonderful blue eyed boy, I can't seem to do anything relating to such thing. Everything within me wanted me to be with him. That, I will never admit. He'd never live it down if he were to find out.

From his outrageous bet, rigorous rescuing, and never-ending patience when it came to my disorders- everything he's done for me, I will never be able to repay. This person was the only one able to reach deep within my barricaded mind to get to know the true me. It's enough for me to know exactly what is was I felt about him.

"What the-" he started. I forcefully grabbed his face, and me being clumsy, only succeeded on slapping him in the face. I winced with my eyes closed when the noise of my palm hitting his cheek echoed.

Eva's gasp for air followed right after. It was right then that I had noticed our damned positions. Keon and I crowded over the table, across from each other. My hand still in the air from my failure while his face turned to the side from the blow.

Leave it to me to make a great first impression.

"What's going on here?!" Eva demanded. I grimaced as I straightened up, Keon doing the same as he rubbed his inflamed cheek.

"I don't know," my oblivious boyfriend answered. I internally groaned. He's supposed to be some smart ass seeing as how he prospered into a millionaire by himself. How fucking annoying.