6. Trash

Aisha's POV

We met again. My brain won't shut up about it. It felt like all the air was just sucked out of my lungs once we locked eyes.

The last time I felt like that, it didn't go so well. And I'll be damned if I actually let myself go through the heartache again. With that thought, I drove away from the grocery outlet and went straight home with only a packet of ham.

I tiptoed into the living room trying to avoid Brooke. Ever since that night I told Devin off, she's been acting weird. A good kind of weird since she's been staying home rather than partying, but still weird.

"Brooke are you serious? You haven't gone to a party since like, forever!" I stopped in my tracks once I heard one of Brooke's friends.

Great. Just fucking great.

Instead of walking across the living room and over to the hallway that lead to my bed room, I snuck off to the kitchen and hid. Brooke's friends don't like me. At all. And they have no discretion of showing me that fact either. Last time I stumbled upon them, they nearly tripped me and sent me rolling down the stairs. Don't know why, or what I did to piss them off that bad.

Again, another reason why I hate people.

"Yeah, why is that?"

"I just... don't feel like it okay," Brooke sighed.

"Boohoo you whore," one jokingly pouts.

"What was that?" Brooke snapped back, irritated.

"I was just kidding Brooklyn."

"Yeah. Whatever. Just leave," she opens the door for them to leave.

"You're so turning into that roommate of yours!" One huffed.

"And what's wrong with that?" Brooke crossed her arms.

"Everything. She thinks she's better than everyone else. Not talking and all that shit, she thinks she's better than us. She's so damn annoying."

You'd think not talking to them will make them indifferent. But I guess not.

"You know who's annoying? All of you. She didn't do shit for you guys to hate her so much," Brooke slammed the door in their faces.

I nearly choked on my own spit. Sure, we're roommates and all. But never would I expect her to actually stand up for me. Let alone to her friends.

"Brooke open the damn door!" They slam their fists on the door trying to get back in.

"Go to that damn party and leave me alone," Brooke sighed then starts to walk back to the couch.

"We were right. You're turning into her. Fine be that way. We didn't like you anyway! Bitch!" With one last pound on the door, they finally left.

Brooke angrily yanked the door open and looked bellow to look for them. She stood by the walkway railing of the second story overlooking the parking lot.

"Fuck you guys!" She flipped them off.

"Good thing most of us fucked Devin behind your back!" Their snarky laughs echoed from below.

"Go suck a dick you pathetic twats!" Brooke screamed back.

Upon instinct, I grabbed a bag of flour and joined Brooke outside. She gave me a questioning look, which I ignored. My body was on autopilot for some reason. I ripped the bag open and let it's contents fall. The powdery substance sprinkles all over their dyed hairs and caked up faces.

"Oh shit," Brooke burst into fits of laughter as we watch them flail around screaming like birds.

"Kill yourself you whore!" One screeched.