16. Storm loves sweets

Aisha's POV

"Okay so, here's how it goes my lady. I'm going to choose the restaurant, while you get to choose what to do after. Sounds fair?" Keon proposed his idea. I pursed my lips and looked at the red light up ahead. Sounds good enough. I nod and gave a lazy shrug.

"Yes or no?" He pouts, hoping to hear me answer. I part my lips to answer. Then felt my nose get tingly.

I sneezed in response.

"Well then," he coughed trying to stifle his laughter. I rolled my eyes to stare him down. He raises a free hand in surrender, still trying to prevent himself from laughing.

"What's so funny?" I asked with my arms crossed.

"Not funny, it was cute." He clarified, bopping my nose. I scrunched my nose in distaste. The last time someone did that was, well, a really long time ago.

"Don't. Do. That," I said in between tapping his nose. He snickered for a few seconds mumbling about how cute that was too, then continued driving.

We eventually arrived at the place he wanted to have dinner in, and damn. I was so out of place. I peered over to see Keon somewhat up to the given dress code most of the social elites wore. While I on the other hand was not in anyway close to being up to code.

Even with the whole sacrifice I made of wearing Brooke's damn dress. Don't get me wrong, there's a slight chance I liked the dress I was wearing. It was a dress but a good dress. A dress that doesn't make me feel like I lost my identity and comfort. Brooke should be some sort of dress guru.

"You're fine. Come on let's go," Keon opens my door and held his hand out. I just sat back, not able to put even a foot out the door. My anxiety was getting the best of me.

"Aisha, just breathe. There's nothing to worry about. These people won't care about us as much as we don't care about them," he held my hand giving it a gentle squeeze. I let out a shaky breath, looking around.

"Think of it this way, you'll never see them again. So they can take their judgmental stares and shove it up their ass." He glared at some snobby women looking at us. I found myself lightly laugh at his protective but nice gesture and found the courage to get out of the car.

"Mr. Voss," the doorman greets with a polite smile.

"Hey there Henry, how's Kenny?" Keon winked. They converse for a short amount of time while Henry lead us to our table. We passed by the main hall for diners and went up a flight of stairs.

I gave Keon's hand a slight tug thanking him for not taking the elevator. I've always had an irrational fear of them. I'd imagine the worst case scenarios. And watching horror movies that have to do with elevators plummeting to the core of the earth does not help.

"And Ms. Storm?" I snapped out of my thoughts, and realized I've already been seated. After Keon tucked my chair in, he pats my head with a smile and took a seat in front of me.

"Wha?" I asked, feeling the embarrassment creep on my cheeks.

"What drink would you like sweety?" Henry smiled patiently waiting for my decision.

"Uh- I... I don't know," I blinked and looked at Keon for help. I would've blurted out pepsi or dr. Pepper in an instant, but this was a fancy sort of restaurant I wasn't accustomed to. He nods and proceeds to order for me.

I took the time to process the nice view surrounding me. The ceiling was painted with very detailed images of beautiful angels loitering the skies. There was a chandelier hung right smack in the center, it's crystals shining from the bright lights. Golden walls surround us, with intricate carvings of a bronze tone. And lastly, the floor was a red velvet carpet with complex patterns in certain rows.