4. Sandwich

Nick on the side~

Yeeeeeeee.... he's hot.

☆☆☆

Keon's POV

"What the hell is she doing here?" I hissed under my breath. Most of my anger directed at dad who held onto his businessman smile.

Jenni Sweets. Ironically, she's nothing but. The woman was bat shit crazy. She's my ex-fiance who happens to have slithered her way back in my life. More particularly, in my little sister's wedding. Sure it's just some dumb rehearsal, but this is like a disaster waiting to happen. The reason why I broke it off was because she turned out to be a serious gold digger who's been clinging onto multiple men for her own financial gain.

"Keon! It's been so long. We should've kept in contact," she pouts her red tainted lips in fake sadness. I let my eyes go emotionless as I direct them to the man she latched herself onto. He was most definitely in his 60's. I've seen and dealt with him enough to know how gullible the old bastard was. Poor old man thinks she's with him for whatever lie she fed.

"Excuse me," I held myself back from telling her off in front of the man dad was friends with. Instead, I went out to get some fresh air. Away from the fake atmosphere she's set up. Of course I won't be able to make her leave me the fuck alone now. If something were to upset the old man, dad will surely yell at me for it. God fucking damn it.

My body froze in place as I took in the sight of such rare beauty standing only a few steps away from me. I'm a complete sucker for blondes, but the brunette with such light brown hair caused my heart to swell with so much emotions. Nick warned me about love at first sight. I flipped him off. Wow, he was right. Though I'd never tell him.

The mysterious beauty watched the people walking bellow in silence. With her nicely arched brows knotted, she was in deep thought.

"I feel sick," a quiet sigh came out of her pink plump lips barely audible.

"But the view is so nice. What makes it so bad?" I blurted out in wonder. My sudden presence had indeed startled her from the way she quickly whirled around to face me. I felt myself sink into the shining pool of silver as her eyes locked with mine. It was such a light tone of gray, it looked silver. Her pink plump lips made me want to kiss them.

No answer. She stood only inches away from me, in complete silence. How I craved to hear her voice once again. Her thin fingers fiddled with the golden lace of her dress. She looked restless, as if she were having a mental debate within her mind. Her appearance wasn't the only thing that captured my attention.

It was the way she looked at people. Her eyes flashed a large amount of dislike. Even though I couldn't shrug off the feeling that there might be a part of her scared of being alone. Because no matter how sick and tired you are of literally everyone, there won't be a day when you find yourself wondering why. Why was it that you were alone, even when you're surrounded by so much people. When you were the one responsible for it all along. Building walls to hide yourself from civilization.

"Why do you look like you hate everything?" I asked. She snapped out of the trance and stared deep into my soul. I didn't need an answer. I already knew. Everything within me wanted to show her a different light. Show her how we're not so bad. I wanted to help her out of the hole she dug herself in her attempts of shutting herself out.

"Because I do." She pushed past me and dashed away leaving her shoes behind. A pair of heels I vaguely remember. Following suit, I turned and climbed up the stairs she took. I called out for her to stop, to at least put her shoes back on, but to my dismay- she was gone.