7. Smiles

"Aisha. Wake up. Aisha," something pokes my side and I lazily slap it away. The poking became slapping, then the hits became more aggressive as I lay stubbornly.

I pulled my leg closer to my chest and released a hard kick. The annoying thing falls to the hard wooden floor of my bed room with a loud thud.

"Shit that hurts," Brooke muttered. One eye squints open, then I blinked. No. It can't be. I flipped to face the direction I last heard her, and sure enough, Brooke sat there on her ass.

I propped myself up with one elbow and raised a brow. She gave me a shrug.

"It's a week before the wedding, and I don't have an appropriate dress for it." I threw my hands out in exasperation. Giving her the look of, how's that my problem?

"Okay. So just hear me out," she held her hand out as if I were a hurt baby deer she cautiously approached. With knotted brows, I stared at her as she start to explain.

"I don't have a dress, you don't have a dress. I have nothing to do today, you have a day off. Don't ask how I knew, buuuuuut-"

I rapidly shook my head clearly relaying my answer, no. Hell no. Fuck no. No thank you.

Watching a movie with her, sure I can manage.

Letting her take me out for diner, it's food so why the hell not.

But shopping, dresses and malls. Adding Brooke into that equation, I might as well sign myself up for World War III.

No.

☆☆☆

"We're here," she chirped. I sunk back into my seat as much as it could let me. With a nasty glare, I aim it at the tall and wide cursed structure filled with clusters of people- the mall.

My finger repeatedly taps on the seating adjustment to my left. With a low buzz, I slowly descend until I lay on my back. Now staring at the ceiling of Brooke's car.

She promised me food.

"Come on. Let's go eat," Brooke grinned. I turn my head to face her and with my toe, I hit a button turning the radio on. Humming the lyrics to some random song that came on, I ignored her annoying poking.

"Food. I'm offering you food here," she deadpanned. I sighed and reluctantly nod with a glare still. She clapped merrily as she hopped out of the car. I soon followed walking right next to her.

The mall turned out to be some ridiculous fancy couture kind. One where trophy wives or women like Brooke spent countless thousands for one simple scrap of dress. Every time I'd see something I liked, it looked so much uglier once I would see the price.

"Brooke?" Nick's voice greets us from behind. I turned to see him and the guy I've been dreading to see. Neon? My mind has been such a mess, I can't even remember his real name.

"Oh hey! What're you guys doing here?" Brooke greets them back with hugs while I stood from afar. The two guys turned their heads to face each other and did some facial expressions as if they could read minds. Nick wiggles his brows, the guy playfully smacks his arm- he then turns his attention over to me with a subtle smile.

"We're doing some last minute shopping," the guy with blonde hair spoke not breaking eye contact with me.

"How about you and Alysa?" Nick asked. I rolled my eyes in pure agony. My name literally rhymes with a continent. How fucking hard can it be?!

"Aisha. Nick, her name is Aisha. And we're here to shop for dresses," Brooke explained. Nick shrugged indifferently making me want to punch him in the face.