20. Cuddles

Keon's POV

"Do I really have to go to dinner with you guys?" I groaned lazily rolling on the couch. Mom gave me a stern look before patting my head. After the phone call with Aisha, my parents forced me to come back home for dinner. I'd rather go visit Aisha's apartment and watch terribly scripted horror movies with her.

"Yes you do," dad said as he fixed his tie. The so called dinner wasn't a small one. It was one of those 'family' dinners where all of our extended mafia family friends join all together. One thing I despised most about this life were these kinds of dinners. I'd be forced to sit there, talk, and kindly turn marriage proposals down- only hoping I wouldn't spark a deadly war.

"I'm going like this," I waved over my lazy outfit composing of dark gray joggers and a black tee.

"Nope. You're not," Ellie tosses me a big flat plastic bag with a hanger sticking up at the top. Most definitely containing an expensive -but annoying to wear- suit.

"Help me buddy," I clung onto Xander's arm when he passed by. He looked at me, then at Ellie. Shaking his head with an apologetic smile, "Sorry bud. You're on your own." Ellie smirked in satisfaction while I groaned some more.

The reason why I made sure to have my own company and be wealthy enough, is so I wouldn't have to deal with annoying business attire. This made all my efforts worthless. I will always end up in a suit.

"Fine," I grumbled. Dragging the nicely wrapped suit upstairs, quite literally. I cleared my throat and looked downstairs to see all of them still getting ready.

"XANDER YOU'RE SO DAMN WHIPPED," I yelled before disappearing into my bedroom. I got ready within a matter of seconds with no care put into styling my hair. Just left it as a tussled mess.

"Honey, you have to fix your tie!" Mom huffed and started messing with it. I stayed still, choking even, waiting for her to be done. Dad shook his head dismayed from my lack of enthusiasm. I rolled my eyes over to Ellie who gave me a faint shrug.

"The limo is here," Xander said before grabbing Ellie's hand to walk outside. Mom and dad did the same leaving me to trail after them. I looked at my phone wishing Aisha was here. Sure, she'd hate me for bringing her along. But we could suffer together.

As soon as I step foot into the limo, I sat away from the old and young couple. I turned my head towards the window and let sleep consume me. Dream land was far better than being surrounded by lovesick couples. Even if I'd exactly be the same with Aisha.

"Keon we're here," Ellie flicked my forehead making me jolt up. "Fuck off," I scowled as well as rubbing the sore spot she hit. I honestly don't know where she got all that strength from. Sometimes it scares me.

The ball room was grand and luxurious as always. Every-fucking-time we go to these things, it was always the best way for conceited business men to flaunt their riches. Which ranged from their expensive suits and dresses, dolled up trophy wives, and servants hustling around them.

"Keon Voss, so great to see you attend my party. I'm quite flattered," some old guy whom I vaguely recognize greet us.

You better be flattered you fucker. I was forced to be here.

"Thanks for having us over," I forced a smile after shaking his clammy hand. The urge to wipe my hand on my suit was killing me. Dad took over with the whole talk, knowing my patience was running thin. I on the other hand leisurely walked by people, giving casual greetings along the way. One set destination was in mind- the garden. Maybe I can call Aisha and see how her night was doing.

"Oh no you're not." I dragged out a sigh as Ellie dragged me back. Freedom was so close, yet so far. She smiled at everyone, thanking them for congratulating her on her upcoming marriage. I rolled my eyes so hard I felt like I'd be stuck with only the whites showing.