3. Deal

I'm kind of having second thoughts of how I want this to turn out.. cuz.. well... I have so many ideas. And uuurggghhh.

Buuuut. Enjoy~

☆☆☆ 

Aisha's POV

I woke up to the sound of two male voices chatting away in the living room. One voice sounds vaguely familiar while the other- not so much. We either got broke into, or Brooke had to be taken home by her 'friends.' I bet on the latter. So I didn't bother coming out of my room to check.

"God damn it she puked on my shoes!"

"I-I'm so-blegh." Brooke made a slurred sound as she vomits on the stranger who cursed out loud.

"Just tuck her in bed. I'll clean this shit up." Ah. That's right. Nick or Nicholas.

"You so owe me!" the other guy grumbled stomping away.

With a soft creak, my door swung open enough for me to peek my head out. Sure enough, Nick was cleaning his sister's puke on the floor with a look of disgust. Laughter bubbled in my throat at the mere sight causing me to draw attention to myself.

"Oh. Hey Alyssa," Nick smiled. I scrunched my nose in distaste. He never really got my name right. And every time he tries, it gets worse.

"Aisha," I corrected. He nods slowly taking the new information in as if it were some complex calculus formula.

"Done!" the guy yelled with his fist in the air. That's my cue. I slammed the door close before he could see me and went back to bed.

"Nice talking to you," Nick chuckled. I rolled my eyes ignoring their conversation about me. I just simply have lost fucks to give. Sleep came and I was knocked out in a matter of seconds.

...

Well... my job sucks.

I glared at the piece of paper as if I could burn it to the ground. Truthfully, I'd rather burn my manager for cutting my working hours. She kept hiring these idiots who can't do the work right and take other worker's hours to train them. Then, she'd make us, the experienced ones, do all the work her new little helpers screwed up on. Moral of the story, she's full of shit.

"This sucks," Roza frowned. I nod and ripped the paper in half. Didn't need it. Out of the whole week, I'm only working for two days. That's not even enough for rent. Thank god Brooke is spoiled rotten. She can easily make up for the other hundreds I'll be short on. I'll pay her back nonetheless. Now lies the other problem, food.

"I'm so getting a second job. Or maybe just quit. This job is shit anyway," she shrugged. I smiled agreeing to her statement. We then filed out of the store and bid each other goodbye. Now, to look for another job.

Nothing. I've searched everywhere, still nothing. Most of the jobs consist of being able to interact with customers and I'm not about that life. I sighed dejectedly, rubbing my temples in pure frustration. Time to give up and go home for now.

"Aisha. Welcome back," Brooke greets. This is suspicious. I narrowed my eyes watching her closely as I entered the living room. Her dirty blonde hair was put in a messy bun, she wore black joggers and a big white band tee. With a pint of ice cream in one hand and a couple empty ones laying on the floor, it was obvious that she's been binge watching some show. This was one rare sight. And I've been living with her for 3 years.

"Rent," I sighed sitting down on the couch beside her but not as close. She raised a brow asking for me to go on. I cringed not wanting to, but had to in order to explain.