17. Insecurities are for all genders

Aisha's POV

I woke up groaning miserably. It was one of those days when you wake up and immediately, you remember something cringe worthy. And that memory is of me doing the weirdest thing ever.

I kissed Keon.

Not really kiss him, what I did was more embarrassing. Who the hell kisses their hand and pats it on someone else's?! I continue to self loathe by slamming my head on the pillows all the while grumbling out incoherent words. Glad I haven't had a reason to meet up with Keon. We've been really busy with our own jobs.

Before I could abuse my pillows any further, Brooke slams the door open and frantically ran in while screaming her head off.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH-"

She jumps in one place as she points out to the hallway leading into the living room. The look of pure horror made me pause midway from slamming my head yet again and arch a brow instead.

"THERE'S A SPIDER!" She screamed out after a while of just panicking in one place. This only made my brows scrunch together. I looked at her with an expression clearly expressing how unnecessary her actions were.

"HEEEEEELP MEH!" She tugs on my blanket trying to pull me out of bed. I furiously shook my head and snuggled into my blanket deeper- stubbornly clutching onto it for dear life. Spiders don't scare me, I'm just not ready to get up yet.

Brooke eventually gave up after coming up with the courage to face her fears. She lets go, and went off with light steps. Carefully approaching the abomination waiting for her in the living room. I rolled to the side and watched as she did whips her head from side to side looking for the spider.

A tiny dot figured creature shuffled over to her foot, causing her to scream louder than ever. She leaps into the air and rushes back to my room.

"FUUUUUUUUUUCK! IT'S ALIVE! OH MY- FUCK! IT'S ALIVE!" She goes hysterical, hopping all over.

"Where's your phone?" Brooke asked, more like demanded. I quickly threw my hand out to grab my phone from the night stand- only to have her snatch it away.

"KEON THERE'S A FUCKING EMERGENCY! I NEED YOU AND NICK OVER. NOW," Brooke yelled into the phone. I felt myself pale. My vision darkens as I felt rage and frustration fill the pit of my stomach. A loud thud most likely coming from my body hitting the hard wooden floor interrupts Brooke's screaming.

"Aisha- ARE YOU OKAY?!" Brooke helps me up from the floor. I stayed still, unwilling to move. The floor seemed like it needed a hug. I'm the nicest person ever for giving a needy floor a hug.

"You can't stay on the floor. Let me help you up," she gently tugs on my arm attempting to help me up.

"Are... are you okay?" She asked after settling me down on my bed.

"No," I mumbled.

"Seriously," Brooke urged on.

"The long answer?" I sighed. Brooke's eyes widened in surprise. Probably because whenever she'd ask me how I am, I would always mutter a generic answer. She nods with a genuine look of concern.

"Nooooooooooooooooo," I dragged out. Brooke stifled a laugh by coughing. I felt my lips tug up to a smile. It was amusing to see her try to control herself from laughing. Ever since I got back from the whole coma thing, everyone's been really sensitive with me. To the point where it's frustrating. I'm not that fragile.

"You can laugh you know," I smirked.

"Okay- I'm sorry... it- it was just," Brooke laughed whole heartedly making me join in.