24. Stars

The two lines mocked me. There they were giving me the results I was not expecting. At all. I flung the little plastic device to the corner of the room in pure disbelief. Everything felt so surreal.

The morning sickness, my secret trip to the nearby grocery store, and now this. How could something as trivial as urine determine my fate, as well as a little human growing within my womb?

"Shit," I groaned as I rubbed my temples. I needed a distraction, and I needed it now. But of course, with my luck- no one's available. Keon and Nick are stuck in their office as usual, Brooke has turned a new leaf by taking school seriously, and Ellie is miles away.

"Well then. Looks like it's only you and me," I spoke down to my not even bulged out stomach. That's it. I've gone completely nuts. Great.

I hopped down the stairs skipping a few steps as always, which almost resulted with me rolling down. Keon made sure the house was Aisha-proof. Which meant our front and back doors automatically locked, there were few tiles that could possibly make me slip, and the kitchen was filled with healthy food. He made sure I wouldn't be able to complain about anything.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, it was Keon. Calling me every hour or so when he has the chance. With our busy schedule we could barely spend time together. He has his company and underground business to tend to, while I have my own cafe. The old lady who used to own a candy store retired a while ago. I used the money I've accumulated through the years and bought the place to turn it into a cafe.

I know for a fact that Keon pulled extra strings behind my back to make it possible for me, though I won't point it out. He's happy being able to spoil me 'secretly' while I get to make my own living.

"Hey love," he greets.

"Hi blue," I smirked at the sound of his annoyed groan. My feet carried me over to the kitchen as we had our usual trivial talk. He asks how I'm doing, I say I'm fine. We argue. I ask how he's doing, he says he's fine. We argue. It's our lame excuse to keep ourselves on the line and have an endless conversation.

"No, seriously though. Are you okay? You've been puking a lot," Keon pointed out. I gave a light shrug and reached for what I craved. Nutella and bananas.

"Ehm khay," I grumbled into the phone with a full mouth. I could practically feel him roll his eyes at my false statement. My phone slipped off my shoulder, causing it to drop and slide across the tiles. I silently cursed already running after it to see if it was okay.

Darkened out and cracked screen. Great. Just wonderful.

In pure rage, I kicked the nearby closet door. Pain shot through my leg causing me to slur out incoherent sounds. I honestly thought I made a nice dying whale impression.

The door rattled open showing me it's contents. There it sat. The unopened box filled with the answers I've shun away the day it was given to me. I peered up at the inanimate object and wondered if it was worth it.

"Ah fuck it," I jumped for it and stumbled to a landing once I've grabbed it. Running up to my room, I threw it on the bed to turn the T.V. on. I unwrapped it, and quite frankly, it's the only gift I've opened not feeling glee.

"Hello? Is this thing... Oh. There it is," Emily's voice spoke before the gray screen showed her. The ebony silky hair she grew out in our teen years was cut short. Her rich chocolate skin seemed paler than usual, and nails were an off color.

"Uh... hi," she awkwardly chuckled. I felt my lips twitch to a smile. Watching her smile brightly after all those years of avoiding her, and see it become kind- she was the old Emily I truly missed deep down.