15. Apologies

I was so bored one night, at around 12 AM, I decided what better way to spend my time:

By making my own wallpaper for my phone.

And tadah~

There's Bring me the Horizon's lyrics for one song I'm quite fond of. I thought it was relative to this chapter... somewhat. Yup.

☆☆☆

Aisha's POV

"Hi," Roza smiled inching into the room slowly. Her movements were cautious, it was as if she were walking on glass.

"Oh it's you," Keon looks at her with a hint of recollection. They shook hands greeting each other hello. While I on the other hand was confused. No offense to Roza but I would've thought Brooke would more likely be the one to visit.

"Can I have a word with you in private?" Roza requested. This raised my suspicion more. She's always been a happy and simple person. Seeing her act ever so serious made me shiver internally.

"I can leave you two if you want," Keon suggested. I looked at him, only able to blink a few times. Nothing actually made sense. What would she even need to talk to me about?

"Sure," I nod slowly trying to comprehend what I just mumbled myself. Keon gave my hand a gentle squeeze and leaned closer.

"Scream 'banana ketchup' when you need me alright?" He whispered. I cupped my hand over my mouth trying to stifle my laughter. He winked before heading out to give Roza and I some privacy.

"How are you?" Roza awkwardly spoke after clearing her throat. I shrugged looking at my numb toes.

"I see," she nods slowly her eyes darting everywhere.

"Why are you here?" I asked, growing more impatient.

"I was worried about you," she motioned over to the seat. I nod giving her permission, not caring much.

"And why is that?" I asked.

"I- uh... promise me you'll hear me out?" Roza bites her lower lip waiting for my answer. My brows scrunched together, her actions were becoming more and more suspicious. I nod with narrowed eyes trying to asses what it is she's trying to get to.

"Do you remember Emily?" She spoke in a hushed tone, her voice becoming lower by the time she mentioned the cursed name.

How could I forget?

I nod anyway hoping whatever she has to tell me doesn't result with me having a panic attack. She fiddled with her dark curls for a while, seeming to search for the right words. I waited impatiently by digging through the piles of chocolates by my bed.

"Well... she's my sister," Roza admits after a full five minute of silence. I felt my lungs shut down, my heart stop beating, and sweat begin to trickle down my temples- I was having another episode of my famous panic attacks.

"G-get... out!" I forced the bile rising up my throat to go back down. My hands felt shaky and my knees were weak. It's been years since I've voluntarily spoke or even thought about Emily. She was one of the only pillars I considered as important in my life, only to crumble from the betrayal she had done.

"Wait, please hear me out." I went into hysteria. Sweat, tears, even snot- I didn't care at this point. My hands trembled and ached for me to hurl something in her direction. To make her stop talking about that damn name. Or anything associated to her for that matter. I start hurling pillows at her, my body going into a frenzy as I screamed bloody murder.