Chapter Four

Chapter Four

(Man of the World begins)

"What was that about?!?" Naruto yelled the moment he reached his living room with his jutsu. "Why are you being so rude?!? Not only to your senpai! But also to your sister and Sarada!!"

Boruto gritted his teeth and walked away but his father pulled him back.

"Damn it Boruto come back here!!" Naruto used a bit of chakra to tug his son's arm.

"Ouch dad!" Boruto yelped as he looked down at his arm and saw a small bruise, due to the force of the chakra.

"I'm-i'm... I'm sorry Boruto... I didn't mean..." Naruto stuttered when he saw the bruising but Boruto snapped his eyes to his father.

"You wanna know why I'm like this?!? Maybe it's because of you being the Hokage, you don't even care about me! Don't even mention me! You're not even here during my elementary school concert! You didn't even bother coming to Hima's preschool graduation performance!! Heck even on your wedding anniversary you sent a shadow clone home to spend time with mum!!" Boruto yelled and Naruto blinked his blue eyes at his son.

"You thought we don't know don't you?!? Well guess what! Mum knows!! She only found out when you dispelled the shadow clone when you both wanted to retire for the night! She came to my room crying!" Boruto continued as Naruto frowned.

"I-i didn't dispel it..." he said aloud but Boruto added more salt to the injury.

"Then you must have been so tired during your work as a Hokage that you ACCIDENTALLY dispel it!" he spat as Naruto looked at his son with regretful eyes.

"I'm so sorry Boruto... I'm just... Stressed out with being a Hokage... I don't need you to add on to my stress by receiving complains about you at school..." Naruto said but Boruto cut him off.

"Well then I'm sorry that I'm rebellious because my dad doesn't spend enough time with the family!" Boruto shouted as he ran up the stairs to his bedroom.

"Boruto wait!" Naruto called out but Boruto turned around and stared at him with deadly eyes.

"And don't apologise to me. You hurt mum the most. At least Hima is too young to understand and I already have my outburst. But mum has been keeping quiet for too long..." Boruto said as he slammed his door...

*~*

Sakura paced back and forth in their living room as Sarada came down to check on her...

"Mama, please. Just go to sleep first. Papa promised he will bring Daisuke back didn't he?" Sarada yawned a bit as she stood in front of her mother.

Sakura shook her head and paced around Sarada.

"I can't sleep not knowing about Daisuke's whereabouts! He is too young to run off on his own like that!" Sakura exclaimed as she threw her hands up in the air and Sarada looked down at the floor with guilty eyes.

"Sorry mama... Because of me Daisuke got hurt and ran off..." she whispered but Sakura's eyes softened and she hugged her daughter.

"Sarada... I know how much your papa dotes on Daisuke but he still loves the both of you... Maybe it seems he gives in more to Daisuke but remember the stories I told you about your late Uncle Itachi and your papa?" Sakura asked as Sarada wiped a tear away and nodded.

"Well Uncle Itachi was like Daisuke and papa was like you. Your late grandparents from papa's side favours Uncle Itachi much more than your papa..." Sakura continued as Sarada's eyes widened a bit.

"I'm-I'm... I'm just like papa???" she asked and Sakura smiled and tucked a hair behind her daughter's ear.

"Yes. But you know what's the difference? Uncle Itachi will never say that he doesn't love your papa. In fact, Uncle Itachi loves your papa so much that he was willing to sacrifice his life for your papa... Just like how Daisuke bravely jumped in front of the rasengan to protect you..." Sakura said gently as Sarada threw herself onto her mother and wept.