Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

(White Clover begins)

"Daisuke, take care of yourself at school. Remember if papa tries to fetch you, don't follow him home okay?" Sakura reminded her son time and time again.

The young boy nodded his head as he waved at his mother goodbye before walking to his class.

He got stares and whispers from his classmates... Probably the neighbours must have heard his family arguing the night before and word has already spread around the village...

"Daisuke!" Sarada called out and he groaned, thinking of a way to avoid her.

But she caught up with him and grabbed his arm.

"Daisuke! Wait!" Sarada said firmly as she pulled him away from the class.

"What are you doing?!?" Daisuke exclaimed and he tried to break free from her but failed.

"Wow she's strong..." Daisuke said mentally as she finally let him go at a dark alley behind their school.

"What?!?" Daisuke growled as a shadow loomed over him.

"Daisuke..." he heard his father's voice. "I want to hear from A to Z. What have you been talking and doing with Karin and Suigetsu..." Sasuke said in a calm voice and Daisuke glared at Sarada before whirling around to face his father.

"Didn't you hear what mama said?!? She said for you to stay away from us! She even told me not to follow you home if you try to fetch me!" Daisuke exclaimed as Sasuke's eyes narrowed and he raised his hand.

"What?! You're going to try slapping me again just because mama is not around and Sarada will be here to support you right?!" Daisuke yelled as Sasuke's eyes widened and he clenched the fist of his raised arm...

"Daisuke! You know you shouldn't go around believing strangers! Besides, this Karin might just be making up lies to break us all up!" Sarada argued as Daisuke shook his head.

"Maybe that's why you hate me right from the start! And furthermore, you haven't seen her but you look a lot like her!" Daisuke rebutted and Sasuke was about to say something when another voice interrupted them.

"I'm sorry, I know this is domestic affair but kindly please refrain from bringing personal problems into my school grounds." Kakashi spoke with a raised eyebrow as Gai stepped forward and nodded his head at Sarada and Daisuke.

"Come Sarada, Daisuke, class is starting soon. I'll escort you so Kurenai sensei won't scold the two of you for being late." he said and Sarada's eyes widened at that information.

"Kurenai sensei? What happened to Konohamaru sensei?" she asked as Gai shifted his eyes quickly to Daisuke and back to Sarada.

"He's still not given the clear sign from Shizune so he can't come back to work as of now." Gai said simply as Sarada nodded and Daisuke just buried his hands in his pockets.

Both children then followed Gai sensei..

When they were finally out of sight, Kakashi narrowed his eyes to Sasuke...

*~*

Sasuke's P.O.V.:

"You were my favourite pupil, the star student in my team. What happened to you Sasuke." Kakashi said as he raised an eyebrow.

I gritted my teeth as I stared my former sensei down.

"You know I wouldn't do something like that to Sakura! I wouldn't do anything to destroy my family!"