Chapter Five

Chapter Five

(Ochihabune begins)

"Stupid..." Daisuke mumbled as he kicked a rock into the water.

It was pouring but Daisuke didn't bother to look for a shelter. He was caught up with his thoughts on what happened for the day...

Maybe that's why his elder sister has always been pushing him away. She never loved him at all...

"Stupid stupid stupid Daisuke! Why would Nee chan even like someone annoying like me..." Daisuke looked down at his unclear reflection in the water with blurry eyes...

Soon tears dropped into his reflection, his tears mixed with the rainwater...

"Eek..." he heard a sound and turned to look at the source.

He saw a little kitten with a pacifier in its mouth trying to hide from the rain but every burrow it goes into, an animal was sure to chase it away.

It was first a mole, then a badger, then a chipmunk...

The kitten then looked around with big eyes, sparkling with tears as it tried to search for another shelter when Daisuke decided to help it.

"Hey..." Daisuke called out to it gently as he picked up the baby cat. "I'll hide you in my jacket okay?"

The kitten initially struggled but after a while it settled down and allowed Daisuke to zip it up inside his jacket.

The kitten then climbed upwards and poked its head out of Daisuke's jacket which was left a little unzip at the top...

Daisuke looked down and smiled at the kitten which licked his wet cheeks and tilted its head as its wondering why does his face tastes salty...

Daisuke then remembered he was initially crying and shook his head at the cat.

"Don't worry about me cat! I was crying but I'm fine now! I've found a new friend which is you!" Daisuke told the feline cheerily as the cat mewed and snuggled closer to Daisuke...

After an hour the rain began to subside and Daisuke saw that the sky was extremely dark...

What time was it???

He unzipped the jacket and slowly cradled the kitten in his hands as he stood up and looked around...

Now where is he going to head to??? Just now his emotions went haywire and he doesn't want to be found... But now he met the kitten and talked to it for a bit, he has calmed his emotions down...

Daisuke was about to walk further into the forest when he heard a voice behind him.

"Daisuke!" his father's voice called out to him and he turned around with a relieved face.

"Papa!"

Sasuke didn't say anything but swooped his son into his arms and hugged him tightly, nuzzling into the boy's neck.

"Mew!"

Sasuke pulled his son away, a weird expression pasted on his face.

"Daisuke, what was that?" Sasuke asked and Daisuke was about to answer when the kitten popped its head out of the young Uchiha's jacket.

"Mew!"

Naruto caught up to Sasuke and panted hard.

"Sasuke... Next... Time... When... You... Picked... Up... Daisuke's... Chakra... With your... Sage... detection... Please... Inform... Me... FIRST!!!" Naruto yelled out the last part and was about to smack Sasuke's head when he saw the kitten staring at both of them...