Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

(Homecoming begins)

"How could you go about doing reckless things?!? No wonder you and Hinata are best friends! Both of you jumped into a dangerous mission bringing our children along with you!!" Gaara growled as he pulled Amaya by her waist towards him.

"Stop it! We are in public!" Amaya struggled as Akira and Akane groaned.

"Oto san, Oka san, come on! We already can't escape your displays of affections back in Suna we certainly don't need Konoha to witness it too!" Akira complaint.

"It's fine Akira, Akane. Your Oto san was just really worried about all of you... Like how I was worried for Aunt Hinata..." Naruto spoke gently as he stroked a sleeping Hinata's forehead gently.

In the huge room there were 3 more beds occupied by Sakura, Sarada and Daisuke...

Naruto and Sasuke were the first to recover being sannins and Tsunade's healing techniques helped them to get up and about as they fuss over their family members...

"Thanks for bringing my son back." Sasuke thanked the Kazekage and the red haired ninja nodded with a small smile.

"I know what it feels like when Amaya took Akira with her and left the village..." he began and Amaya narrowed her eyes at her husband.

"Are you seriously going to bring that up again?" she said, warning lacing her tone as Gaara grinned and kissed her forehead.

"Jeez get a room!" Akane groaned as she and her brother left the ward...

"Papa..." Daisuke croaked as he tossed his head a bit before opening his eyes slowly.

"Daisuke!" Sasuke rushed to his son's bedside. "How are your eyes? How are you feeling?!?"

Daisuke turned to face his father as everything registered in his head...

"Eyes? Papa!" Daisuke shot up in his bed. "Sarada gave up her sharingans for me! She's blind right?!?"

Naruto approached Daisuke's bed and held Sasuke's shoulder.

Sasuke took a deep breath.

"No. She still has your original eyes so she's just...
Normal..." Sasuke finished and Daisuke gritted his teeth.

"She just only activated her sharingans and she gave it up for me?!? What the hell was she think..." Daisuke began before a soft voice called out to him from beside his bed.

"Because you are my baby brother, Daisuke. I will always love you." Sarada spoke softly and Daisuke snapped his head in her direction.

She held out her hand so that Daisuke can hold it since their beds were near.

"It's okay if I don't get to use my sharingans. I was happy that it saved you from blindness and you managed to achieve something to become stronger." Sarada spoke again and Daisuke's eyes brimmed with tears as he clutched her hand tightly in his...

"Thank you... Ne chan..." Daisuke whispered as Sarada smiled.

"How's mama?" Daisuke turned back to his father who nodded his head.

"She's there beside Sarada but she's still asleep. She needs more time to recover since her reservoir of chakra was almost depleted. Luckily Katsuyu's and Tsunade sama's chakras were enough to at least restore half of her chakra back..." Sasuke told him as he stroked Daisuke's hair.

"I never tried to kill you. Believe me." Sasuke whispered as Naruto, Gaara and Amaya nodded at each other.

"We'll leave you guys for now." Naruto spoke as they all left the room...

"I just..." Daisuke began but Sasuke shook his head.

"Never. Ever. I won't. Sarada is my princess and you are my prince Daisuke. Sarada reminds me so much of myself but you, you remind me so much of Uncle Itachi..." Sasuke interrupted him then continued. "I even heard about your Susanoo. Similar technique to Uncle Itachi's guardian; a sealing jutsu. He would have been so proud of you..."

Daisuke finally let his tears fall as he let go of Sarada's hands and hugged Sasuke tightly...

*~*

"I'm sorry Sora passed away..." Sakura whispered to her son who was sitting on the Hokage summit.

"It's okay mama. She wanted to do it of her own free will... Besides, now she's my Susanoo I guess..." Daisuke answered back, never turning around to face his mother.

"You okay Daisuke?" she asked quietly and he cast his eyes over Konoha.

"Hn... I'll be fine mama." he answered as he turned to face his mother with a smile. "I still have my family, don't I mama?"

Sakura answered with a chuckle as she reminded him to be back home for dinner before walking away..

(Homecoming ends)