Episode 37

Episode 37: Group Assemble

Takuma, Shiki, and Rima got teleport to a ballroom. The two young models look uninterested and bored unlike their blonde companion who likes reading manga. Takuma looks impress with the mirrors in the ballroom. The ballroom was not any different to the one he usually goes to except for the mirrors. There were tall windows and a big painting of Ryuga sitting on a chair with someone who look like Mizuki sitting at his lap, both looking at each other with love. The owner must've like looking at the reflection of something, or so Takuma thought.

"This is troublesome," Shiki said nonchalantly. He didn't seem to care about what's going on.

Rima turn her attention towards Takuma, and asking, "What now?"

"Ah... We should probably look for a way out."

Suddenly, the light from the chandelier explode, all of it explode, leaving Shiki, Rima, and Takuma in the dark. Luckily, the moon was in their sight and reflecting light through the tall windows, giving a bit of light source.

Takuma look up at a chandelier's broking lightbulbs. "What was that about?"

Shiki sense an unfamiliar presence, and got a serious expression on his face. "Something's coming," he said surprisingly serious.

Right on cue, they got surround by a group of ghouls appears from the ground. The three look at their surroundings in front of them, ready to fight.

Shiki let out a sigh. "And I thought I was going to die of boredom."

They fought well, and only end up getting cover in slime. It turns out the ghouls were made out of slime and could go through the mirror like a portal. After that excitement in the ballroom, they get out and appear in a long and wide hallway.

Akatsuki and Ruka happen to teleport together to a long and wide hallway with long stained-glass windows and a lot of doors. There is also a long red carpet that covers most of the center of the floor. The only light source is the lit-up torches. When Ruka notice she and Akatsuki were the only people present, she got disappointed and Akatsuki knew, but didn't seem bothered by his female companion's disappointment. The two converse with each other for a bit before moving forward. Just as they enter another hallway, Ruka happen to step on a trap. Just before the floor under her slide open, Akatsuki quickly react by wrapping his arms around her waist and pull her back.

The floor that Ruka was standing on before slides open in a square shape. Akatsuki know that he and Ruka are vampires, not to mention strong as well, so there is nothing to worry about, but falling into a hole with nothing but darkness still seems scary enough like falling into an abyss.

Ruka was actually startled, and let out a sigh of relief.

"Ruka, are you alright?" Akatsuki asked with a concern tone.

When Ruka finally calm down, she reply, "Yeah..." Then when she realizes her "Wild" companion has his arms around her, she became fluster. "Y-Your arms..." she said unexpectedly quiet.

Akatsuki didn't seem to hear, and say, "Hm?"

This time, Ruka shouts, "Your arms!"

Akatsuki was cool and calm like always. "Oh," he said nonchalantly as he removes his arms from Ruka's waist. He back up a few steps to give her some space.

Ruka was all fluster in embarrassment and anger, wishing she didn't need saving, and wishing that it was Kaname in Akatsuki's place. Although her wish didn't come true, she still tries to express her gratitude to Akatsuki for saving her. As Ruka turn around and was about to thank Akatsuki, he tell her that it's not a big deal. With that said, Ruka didn't think too much about it so she just let the conversation end there.