Episode 3

Episode 3: Can't Back Down

As morning came, Mizuki woke up to find herself sleeping on an unfamiliar bed. But then, she remembers what occur last night. She gave Zero her blood. He was going to drain her dry until he finally came to his senses. Mizuki check her neck to make sure it's healed; luckily it was. She gets out of Zero's bed and saw that Zero was asleep on the floor.

"Sorry for making you sleep on the floor, Zero."

Then Mizuki got out a paper and a pen and write down a letter. Then she folded the paper and wrote on the front "Zero Kiryu" and put it down on the table. After that, she look through the window to see if it's clear; and it was. Then she jumps through the window and make her way to the Moon Dorm. When she made it inside and closes the door, she smells something. Tea?

"Mizuki," there came Kaname's voice.

"Ka-Kaname!" Mizuki stuttered.

Kaname was sitting on one of the couches with his right leg over his left and drinking tea. And he was in his casual clothes.

"What are you doing up so early?" Mizuki asked.

Kaname put down his teacup and say, "I know where you went last night. Don't try to deny it."

"Don't try to deny what?"

Kaname walk up to Mizuki, leaving only an inch between them.

"I wouldn't try to fool myself if I were you, Mizuki."

Mizuki could see the anger in his eyes. She was pissing him off.

"Why are you always trying to control me? I'm not the same Mizuki I use to be 10 years ago!"

Then something took Mizuki by surprise. Kaname got his left arm around Mizuki's waist and his right hand on the back of his head. Then he kisses her.

Mizuki's eyes widen in shock. She tightly closes her eyes and struggle to get away from him as she tries to push herself away from him. But his left arm around her tightens up as he pushes her body to his.

'I'm sorry. I love you, Mizuki,' Kaname thought as his eyes sadden.

Mizuki half-open her eyes to see regret in Kaname's eyes. Then she felt Kaname use his power to make her go sleepy.

'Kaname...why?' was the last thing she though before she went unconscious.

Mizuki went unconscious in Kaname's arms as their lips still connect. He stops kissing her as he hugs her unconscious body.

As he looks at her emotionless face, he say, "Forgive me."

After Zero has woken up, he saw a letter on the table. It has his name on it too. He picks up the letter and read it.

"Dear Zero, thank you for letting me stay the night and for letting me sleeps on your bed. I hope you are feeling better. Don't worry about me, I'm fine. By the way, good morning, sleepyhead."

Zero smirk and put the letter inside the top drawer. At that, he was off to class.

It was finally time to change to the Night Class.

When Mizuki finally woke up, she has forgotten what happen this morning. And Mizuki seems to be having fun with Hanabusa. Now, as the Night Class makes their way to class, Mizuki was having her fun with Hanabusa. Kaname is actually kind of glad. The two seem to be discussing about something and it seems that Hanabusa is disagreeing with Mizuki.

"No way!"

"Yes way!"

"Okay then, fine. You win."