Episode 28

Episode 28: The Newcomer

After the cloud of bats stop attacking the werewolf, and float in between Zero, Mizuki, and the werewolf, the cloud of bats transform into a man. The three of them probably wonder who the mysterious man was.

‘Who is that? That aura… Why does it feel so familiar?’ Mizuki thought.

“Another one? This is such a nuisance!” The werewolf is out of patience.

“A nuisance? I hope you don’t mean me,” the mysterious man said jokingly with a smile.

‘Oh great. Another Mizuki,’ Zero thought.

‘Oh no, he didn’t,’ Mizuki thought after reading Zero’s thought.

It’s a little bit true about what Zero said. Okay, it is true. Sometimes, Mizuki jokes around in a fight, but she gets serious when she has to. Maybe the mysterious man is like Mizuki.

“My mission is just to get the girl, but you guys keep getting in the way,” the werewolf said in frustration.

“So that’s why…” A serious expression appears on the mysterious man’s face. “You hurt my friend, you don’t get to live.”

Rocks start floating, and then fly towards the werewolf. The werewolf dodges the attack. Suddenly in front of the werewolf is the mysterious man. The mysterious man uses his dark power to form a dragon claw on his right hand. He swings his dragon claw at the werewolf, in impact, cause an explosion with dark smoke.

As the smoke disappears, it reveals the mysterious man and the werewolf standing a few ft. from each other. They both appear to be cover in dust.

“Is that supposed to hurt?” the werewolf asked.

“Oh, you’re still standing,” the mysterious man said in a mockingly impressive tone.

“Damn you!” the werewolf charged at the newcomer with his claws ready to strike.

The newcomer smiled. Then a sword appears out of nowhere right beside the newcomer. He took hold of the sword and plunge the werewolf in the chest where the heart is.

The werewolf took his last breath before disintegrating.

The newcomer swings his sword to the side to get rid of the blood. “Whew! That was a close one.”

The newcomer turns around only to see Zero aims his Bloody Rose at him.

Mizuki place her hands on Zero’s arm. “Don’t shoot him, Zero!”

“He could be working for him.”

What Mizuki said caught the newcomer’s attention. “Him…? Are you talking about Ryuga?”

That caught Zero’s attention, and pull on the trigger. Mizuki quickly react, and push his arm up, the bullet went past the newcomer.

The newcomer didn’t react, but remain calm.

“You idiot, I told you not to shoot him!”

Zero looks irritated. He put his Bloody Rose away.

“Sorry about that,” Mizuki said to the newcomer.

“It’s no problem at all. I’m just happy to help,” the newcomer said it like it was no big deal.

Mizuki seems relax around the newcomer, but Zero still have his guard up.

Zero stand in front of Mizuki protectively. “Who are you?” he asked in a demand tone.

“Whoa there. There is no need to be vigilant. I’m a friend.”

“I don’t know. I don’t trust you.”

“Zero…” Mizuki was surprise to see Zero this protective of her.

The newcomer raises his hands up in defense. “Alright, alright. I understand.” He let his hands fall down to his sides, and he back away a few inch from Zero and Mizuki. ”I did just come out of nowhere.” He turns around with his arms crossed. “I’ll tell you my name then.” He turns around to face Zero and Mizuki. ”I’m Shion Kido.”

“Shion…Kido…? Shion…” A flashback enters Mizuki’s mind, she and her siblings hanging out with someone seems to be a younger version of Shion. “No way…”

“Mizuki, what’s wrong?” Zero asked.

Mizuki glomped Shion. “Shi-Shi!”

“What the…?” Zero was confused.

Shion let out a hearty chuckle. “You remember?”

“Of course!”

‘Oh great. Another monster joining the club, and he has a nickname from Mizuki too!?’ Zero thought in irritation.