Chapter 18

Dimitri's POV

Oh gawd! What the hell just happened? What the bloody hell just happened?? I should have told the truth. I should have just told the truth but this bloody bitch put me in a damned situation. How dare she? I will deal with her later.

For now, I can't get those large dark teary eyes out of my head. The look on her face....

Zeus strike those photographers for making me lose her in the crowd. I wanted to catch her from running away and try to explain though I had no idea what I was going to say to her.

I couldn't tell the truth because I am more concerned with how well my father believe that I can manage the company.

How selfish!

I'm here feeling all guilty and shit in my ruffled up suit and a half glass of scotch yet I have not even called her. Not even once. She should have had a thousand calls and texts from me by now but I am not a man to bow down to a woman's feet.

I have been in the washroom for quite some time now watching other guys piss and I just can't get myself to move. If I go back out there, my father will look at me for answers. Valarie just...disappeared. If I go back out, I will wrap my hands around Ashley's neck and strangle her until I see the life ooze out of her. I am in no way ready to deal with her.

"Dimitri, your father was looking for you. It seemed urgent." Mr. John informed before exiting.

Damn you old man. You can kiss my father's ass for all I care.

I placed my empty glass on the sink and looked myself hard in the mirror. If I don't go, my father will come looking for me. If I go, I will have to answer to him and there is a huge risk of me committing murder tonight.

I give myself one last look and scowled. I am a terrible person, and I'm just going to prove that fact even more now. I straightened my suit, pressed my lips into a hard line and set search for my father. It was as though he had the eyes of an eagle. He spotted me almost in an instant. Gawd now there is that look I hate on his face. I'm sure the questions are endless.

"Where have you been?" he asked as he approached.

"In the washroom. I needed some air" I murmured.

His brows furrowed. "You needed some air...in the washroom...?"

Dammit Dimitri, is that the best you got?

I entirely ignored his question.

"Why did you want to see me?"

He paused "Why wouldn't I want to see you? Have you not seen what happened tonight?"

Oh, here it comes.....

"Look dad I did not know......I am sorry okay. I will make up for it."

His right eyebrow arched perfectly. "Sorry for what? What you did was exceptional!"

What? Lying is exceptional? Since when?

"I must say, it was very sly of you to keep Ashley's talent from us all until today. It was a choice well made. Everyone is blown away. Do you have any idea what this has done for our fashion sector? I was starting to have my doubts about you but this-. I couldn't be more impressed."

Dimitri, now would be the time to pop the bubble. Tell him the truth.

"Now I have the heart of the company gently in the palm of your hands. Don't do anything to lose it."

Dimitri Osbourne! Open your mouth and speak the truth! I coached in my head but pride was the culprit that sealed me lips.

I felt his firm hand pat my shoulder and the next I know I was standing there alone. Great, now I feel even more like shit. I really need some fresh air. Just get the hell out of here before my next consultation is with Ashley.

With my head stiffened and my eyes directly ahead, I headed for the exit avoiding any eye contact as possible. I walked towards the parking lot towards my car feeling bittersweet. My fingers caressed the phone in my pocket, eager to do what I should. If I call, what do I say?

"Hey, sorry for lying. You should have stayed, I only lied more."

I am in great need of some scotch now. Maybe if I chill at the bar a bit, the right words would come. My feet took me into some shitty bar down town and I settled down for a few drinks. Somewhere in the midst of losing myself, I felt the vibration if my phone in my pocket. I took it out skeptically to see who was calling. Ashley...What the hell does she want? I am still not ready to deal with her yet. I put the phone down on the counter and continued sipping my drink.

My blood boiled hotter. The phone just kept ringing and ringing and ringing...The repulsive urge to smash it on the wall ahead of me became more over bearing. Thankfully on the seventh try, it came to an end. I ran my hand through my ruffled hair as I thought up a plan to fix this situation. Kyle is her closest friend. Maybe he could shed some light on what to do. My fingers took front and dialed in before I could change my mind.

"What!" he answered.

"Umm, Kyle it's me...Dimitri" I responded as if I didn't know he knew that it was me.

"Where is Valarie?"

"I don't know. I lost her in the crowd while running after her."

"Oh I-"

"Now you listen to me you piece of hot, smoking, sexy....shit! You better fix this this before I fix you. How could you just stand there while Ashley made a fool of all of us? Why didn't you tell the truth? I can't even imagine what Valarie is going through now and I have no idea where she is to help her. I warn you again, fix it before I fix you!"

With that, the call ended. Dammit, if he doesn't know where Valarie is, who will. I'm not sure if it was the good or bad side of me provoking me to call her but the time was short after I gave in. Maybe she will answer and I can at least try to explain things.

After the third ring, the phone was answered but it wasn't her...

"Hello" a masculine voice echoed over the phone.

I paused for a moment before replying. "Who is this?" I asked between clenched teeth.

"You call this phone to ask who this is? I think that question should be from me to you."

I have no idea why this was pissing me off.

"Dimitri. Who is this and where is Valarie?"

"She is here, on my bed..." he replied.

I have no idea why I was so pissed! My fist balled into a tight one.

"Let me speak to her."

"No, she is sleeping and I am not going to wake her" he replied.

That was it! At that very moment, my blood was vaporizing. I've had enough of this. I hung up without another word and flung my phone down on the counter.

Happy New year guys! I wish you all the best for this year :)

Let me know if you guys would like Valarie POV too.