Chapter 32

Valarie decided to meet Dimitri at the location he suggested since it was not far from where she lived. Though he protested, she gave him no choice but to give in. She hugged herself as the cool breeze blew through her hair. Thoughts spun like a tornado in her head. Clearly she hadn't been like herself lately. Searching her timeline, she had practically hated him immensely, liked him, hate him again and now she's straddling between both worlds. Trust is really a word that controls the way we perceive things. Its effect caused her to act like a whining brat earlier. Valarie squirmed and shook the memory off.

Perhaps she should practice what she preaches. Even the pettiest relationship would fail miserably if trust is not part of its foundation. She scolded herself and promised that she would keep her doubts more in her head than express them through actions.

She approached the park where they had agreed to meet and made her way across the lawn to the white gazebo in the heart of the space. Dimitri leaned against the rails just outside in a loose chiffon shirt and black trousers tailored perfectly for him. A smile played across his face as she approached him.

"Good evening" she greeted.

"Good evening" he replied.

A gush of wind passed between them and it blew the fabric of her white hi-low chiffon dress wildly. Valarie squealed and gripped onto the fabric to prevent it from blowing. Dimitri laughed as she struggled against the wind that was determined to show off her goodies.

"Hey! It's not funny Mr."

"Haha yes it is. Blow breeze, blow" he encouraged.

"I will bitch slap you both if you don't make it stop" she threatened.

"I would love to see you slap the wind. That would be even more entertaining."

She glared and him and scrunched her nose.

"Is that supposed to be an angry face?"

"Yes. Are you scared?"

"I'm petrified really" sarcasm laced his voice.

Valarie rolled her eyed and slowly straightened her stance as the wind subsided. Her eyes shifted to the gazebo that was lit a bit more beautifully than usual. Dimitri couldn't help but to notice how her eyes sparkled under the crystal lights. Her lips pried open as she gazed on.

"Is it just me or they did something more to this place?"

"They did more. I made them add more accessories."

"You made them?"

"The owner of the park, he is my friend. I asked him to add some more things for tonight."

"For tonight? Why?"

He nodded his head and turned to walk up the stairs. Valarie followed behind him. Dimitri walked towards the corner and picked up a professional hand held camera from the ledge. He wrapped the strap around his wrist and held the lens towards Valarie. She furrowed her brows.

"What are you doing?" she questioned.

The camera flashed and she held her hand up to block her face.

"Hey!" she protested.

Dimitri smiled playfully and took another shot at her.

"Dimitri!" she scolded.

He paused for a while to look at her.

"What are you doing?" she demanded an answer this time.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm taking pictures of you."