Chapter 28

Valarie remained frozen as her designs flaunted down the runway once more. All of the sketches that she had recently done were now in live play for everyone to see. The thought of Kyle stealing her designs behind her back bugged her and a part of her wanted to trip, but the end result or the cause was definitely worth it. Never had she ever gotten so much credit for her work and inside she was thankful for what Kyle had done.

Dimitri was her biggest shock of the day. The cold hearted, stone headed douche had proven to have conscience after all. He didn't only reveal the truth able her stolen designs but took it upon himself to dig deeper into her past and reveal the extent of a liar she really is.

Jake held her hand in support as the last designs modeled out and the applause came roaring. Dimitri returned to the stage.

"Amazing right? This was something that I should have done a while ago. Valarie, could you please come down here?"

Valarie froze as her name rolled off his tongue. Jake gave her the extra push to get her to her feet.

"Val go! This is your moment" he encouraged.

Her body rose to a humble stance and she walked to stand at Dimitri's side.

"I want you all to look at this face and not forget it. Valarie is one of our company's most prized possessions. She was the one behind her creation of the designs at the last show, and it is she who have ended the show today with such spectacle. Remember her name and her face."

Valarie tried immensely to mask her blushed cheeks with a straight face. Her stomach was churning from excitement and nervousness. Though the huge crowd and a thousand pair of eyes downed on her, there was something else that pushed a strange button inside of her and made her feel like running off the stage.

She was practically a centimeter away from him. Too close for comfort, too close to be out of his storm. The scent of his musky cologne invaded her nostrils and held all her senses at ransom. It was intoxicating. Much like a drug. Her head was swirling and she couldn't think straight. Like some fire God, his body heat radiated outwards, through his skin, through his shirt and on to her. Valarie could literally feel his heat as if their skins were meshing.

A photographer closed in to catch a picture of the two. Dimitri placed his hand on the small of her back and pulled her against him to take the shot. Electricity ran through her but she tried to keep composure. Just by a mere touch, her stomach was turned to knots.

"'How the hell is he doing this?" Valarie questioned silently.

After the photo was taken, she practically ran off into the crowd to sit next to Jake.

"Are you okay" he asked, noticing her flushed appearance.

"Yes uh sure" she fumbled.

Jake brushed his thumb finger over her cheek.

"Valarie you are cold sweating!"

Dimitri looked up them and stiffened. Was it anger? Jealousy? Nonetheless, both had a negative effect on him. His blood boiled and thunderstorms brewed in his eyes.

"Why can't this freak take his hands off her?" he muttered to himself.

He walked down into the crowd to catch a few picture with his parents then left the scene.

"Valarie!" Kyle called from a few rows down. "Come on down."

"Go Val!" Jake encouraged.

She gave him a quick hug and walked down to meet Kyle. As she approached, she folded her arms and narrowed her eyes on him.