TWO| secrets

Hey guys!

Yes, I mean the One Republic song "secrets" because that song is fucking amazing and apt.

<unedited bc still too lazy to send it to my editor>

Bold= Swedish.

T W O | SECRETS

Two months, sixty-two days.

It felt so much longer to him. It felt like it had been years since he saw her. The real, easily amused her, anyway.

It had gotten to the point where he didn't care if she was 'fixed', he just wanted her back. Things were changing, and he didn't feel like he had a place anymore. Sure, he was looked up to and that was great, but the remaining members of the Hundred were divided, like they didn't even make history. They may as well have come down with everyone else.

She made Bellamy feel like he had a place, a real one. When he looked at her, he was reminded of how far they all had come, how much he had to fight for. With her gone, it felt... Wrong.

Bellamy squinted his eyes as the sun began to rise over the treeline. Part of him wondered if she was even still alive, two months had passed and he had heard nothing from the engineer. He didn't expect to, but there was still that dwelling feeling that gnawed away at him. He shifted slightly, kicking his legs over the edge of the Ark roof, letting them dangle as he watched the sun rise. He did the same thing every morning, stupidly hoping that she'd appear from the woods.

She never did.

It was weird to him, how one person who wasn't his sister could impact his life the way she did. Her lame jokes, her positive attitude, even her bright smile. He missed it all. He missed her.

"Figured I'd find you here."

Bellamy tilted his head slightly to see Rae lift herself through the manhole and sit beside him. He didn't say anything, he just looked back towards the trees outside of the compound.

"I'll never get used to how pretty the sunrise is." She breathed in content. "But you're not here for the sunrise, are you?"

"You ask me this every time you come up." Bellamy replied with a gruff voice. If it wasn't Rae, it was Raven or Octavia. They'd try and cheer him up, tell him that she'd come back, but with every day that passed, the idea of her coming back just seemed further out of reach.

Rae sighed dramatically. "I'm all out of pep talks, other than have hope. That's what she'd say with that annoyingly happy smile." In spite of her words, Rae smiled fondly.

"I'm trying." Bellamy looked down at the gun that lay across his thighs. "Carter just needs to get her ass back before she misses too much."

"And so I can punch her in the face for leaving me without a goodbye."

___

"Uh, Ren! I need help!"

There was scoff from down below and he began to mumble something to himself before he looked up, freezing for the total of 0.3 seconds until he began to laugh comically at Carter's problematic situation.

"This is why I don't sleep up trees," He pointed, smirking at how much power he suddenly had in his hands. Carter ground her teeth and glared hard at him. To stop herself from falling out of the trees (which, according to her, was the safest place to slumber,) she tied rope around her abdomen. And somehow, she had rolled over and instead of falling all twenty feet to the ground, she was suspended underneath the branch she slept on, saved by the rope. Only, now she was stuck because she couldn't undo the rope without falling and landing straight on her face.