FIVE | painful irony

Hello... Is it me you're looking for?
Hell yeah it is.

Swedish= Bold writing.

F I V E | PAINFUL IRONY

Carter had never sat with such content before. She was perched on top of the vehicle, her legs folded beneath her as she watched the the surrounding area with a ghost of a smile.

She was happy.

It was an emotion she felt a lot, albeit, but this kind of happy made her chest burst with a bubbly feeling. The world had gone to shit, Clarke had a bounty on her head, Monty just found out his father died, but no matter what way they looked at it, they were together; they had found more of their people. She couldn't get anymore chick-flicky, even if she tried, but she couldn't deny that her happiness was caused because she was back with the people she loved. The people she considered family.

She would be lying if she also denied how she missed Steven too, she wanted to know if Kara had returned from her expedition with Jaha and Murphy, she was thrilled at the idea of seeing Rae again and how she was coping to the Outsider's ways, she curious about Lincoln and Octavia-- how they were doing as a couple and how badass the younger Blake had gotten. She missed everyone, Raven, Jasper hell even Wick.

She fumbled with the knife in her hand, looking back to the small trading post in which her dad, Bellamy and Indra were currently interrogating the Grounder girl about Clarke's whereabouts.

"Hey, Sparky."

Carter looked down and spotted Monty smiling back at her. She didn't think it was possible for someone to look so happy yet so sad at the same time, but there he was, both a bright smile because he had been reunited with his mom, but his eyes held so much sadness for his dad. She didn't know which emotion was more primary.

"Hi, Monty." She smiled back. "Where's your mom?"

"Circling the perimeter." He dismissed with me a shrug. "How come you're not in there with Bellamy?"

She pulled a half-smile and looked down at her knife, putting the tip of it on the pad of her index finger as she twisted it, not too hard so it cut her, but hard enough that she felt it. "I don't always need to be by his side."

"True," Monty nodded, clambering onto the top of the car with her. "But what if he wants you to?"

The engineer frowned. "How'd you get to that conclusion? He's focused on saving Clarke, and that's cool, we all want her back, so I can wait until after she's back to actually talk to him."

Monty smirked. "Are you... Jealous?"

Carter scoffed incredulously, shaking her head. "What, no. I'm not jealous."

The hatch behind them suddenly opened, startling the both of them. "She's totally jealous."

Low and behold, Ren. The guy who was around and listening to everything even when he wasn't supposed to be.

Carter glared at him with a new level of despise. "Aren't you supposed to be checking the perimeter?"

"Supposed to be, yes. Am I going to? No." He rested his elbows on the car and held his head in his hands, smiling sweetly. Sometimes, Carter wanted to laugh at his stupidity, most times, she wanted to sucker punch him in the face.