TWELVE | let's just get wasted

I'm on fire!

Not literally, but you get me.

Bold=Swedish.

TWELVE | LET'S JUST GET WASTED

She felt awful for what she was doing. Who even snitches on their boyfriend anyway? But then, Bellamy did kind of leave her no choice. It was either tell her Dad or let Bellamy aid Pike in an impending war any of them would be lucky to survive. It wasn't like she didn't have faith in Arkadia (although after the commotion in the common room earlier was beginning to sway away from that opinion,) but the people who happened to want this war had absolutely no idea what they were up against, and that was the scariest part. Due to their burnt egos and teetering anger, they were willing to risk all the lives in Arkadia, just to get back at something that should have been laid to rest. 

"Wait, what? Slow down, I can't understand you." Kane held out his arms to get his daughter to slow down. One minute he was just enjoying his solitude, and in the next Carter had burst in the room, rambling  faster than he had ever heard her speak. It was almost cute, her accent was more prominent when she wasn't concentrating on what she was saying, but then he noticed her guise of panic. "What about Bellamy?"

"He's helping... Hold on, give me a second... I ran here..." She panted, doubling over as she tried to regain her breath. She should have just walked, running was in no way her friend and she should just stop before she ended up bursting a lung or something. Once her breath had somewhat regulated, she tried again. "Bellamy is helping Pike."

"With what?"

"Guns. They're getting guns and they're going to try and take out Indra's army." She relayed the information, trying her best to ignore the guilt that bubbled in her stomach. She was doing it to help Bellamy realize how idiotic the idea was. 

Kane's eyes widened before he emitted some kind of noise of distress and headed out of the door quicker than Carter entered. 

"Where are you going?" She called after him, breaking into a jog just to keep up. 

"To get Abby, I'm going to need some help stopping Pike." Kane replied briskly, striding even faster through the hall. Carter had absolutely no idea how he could walk so fast considering she had to break out into a run, it wasn't like she was small, she was only an inch or two shorter than her dad. Eventually, she stopped trying to keep up and exhaled breathlessly. 

"Okay, I'll, uh, I'll just catch up!" She yelled after, leaning against the wall so she didn't lose her balance too much. It seemed like the only time she was half-efficient at running was when she was in some kind of danger. Once she had regained her energy, she began to speed-walk through the corridor, heading out of Arkadia's main building and into the courtyard. It didn't take her long to find her father and Bellamy, all she had to do was follow the sounds of commotion. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Abby's voice was the first coherent one Carter heard among the disgruntled shouting and she broke into a jog, hoping to not miss too much of the drama.

"What you didn't have the guts to do." Pike retaliated, stepping forward. 

By then, Carter was already near her father and even the mere sight of the former teacher agitated her. She promised herself that she wouldn't let her mouth run and get her into trouble, but she couldn't stop herself, there was just something about Pike that brought out an irrational hatred in her. "Hey look, if it isn't the puppeteer himself!" She exclaimed, throwing her arms up as she did, gaining the attention of Pike's makeshift squad.