SIXTEEN | the reckoning

THIS IS A PSA: anyone who's legitimately wanting to write a good fanfiction the 100 and is in need of tips, you really have to check out taypipM tip books, it's filled so much helpful information. I don't usually promote books like this, but it's so good I can't not tell you guys where to go. She also has a fanfiction and I haven't gotten around to reading yet, but if the writing is anything to go by in her tip book, it's going to be amazing-- please check her out, she's also the lovely, precious human that done the trailer above and I'm in love.

BOLD= THE LANGUAGE OF THE SWEDE

S I X T E E N | THE RECKONING 

"What?" Carter breathed, frowning at the boy in front of her. "You? Why? Why would you do that?"

"Not on purpose," Ren was quick to correct himself, his eyes wide with alert. "Oh god no, I'm not that much of a douchebag. I, uh, noticed Bellamy leaving the compound and I got curious, so I went to his room and found your note stuffed under his bed," He sighed, suddenly looking disheartened, "I was so wrapped up trying to find out where he went because I knew he'd be meeting you, I didn't notice that one of Pike's men were following me. They took the note and well... I'm sure you can figure out the rest."

Carter's jaw fell slack as she remained silent. All it would have taken was for one of the Hundred to be on Pike's side to tell him the location of the waterfall. And just like that, Carter immediately regretted telling the Hundred about her little paradise. But at that moment, she didn't care about which one sold them out, she was just relishing in the relief that washed over her at the fact that Bellamy didn't put his loyalty towards Pike before his relationship with her. He didn't use her. A slight pang of guilt twinged in her chest as she didn't give Bellamy the benefit of the doubt and immediately thought he was the one behind Pike finding them. Regardless of which, a small, genuine smile pulled the corners of her lips and it was almost like a weight was lifted off her chest.

"I'm so sorry, Carter-- wait, why are you smiling?" Ren asked, his tone laced with confusion. He expected her to be mad at him, but there didn't even seem to be a hint of anger on her face. He quickly became cautious of his friend, wondering if it was just a facade and on the inside, she was ready to explode and potentially kill him.

"Because it means I can trust Bellamy." She breathed lightly, the smile unwavering from her expression. "It's not your fault, you were followed. I don't blame you."

"Okay, cool." Ren exchanged a smile with the engineer and then shook his head, suddenly remembering that he was running on limited time. "Listen, there's something else you need to know."

"What?" Carter asked, sobering up from the bountiful happiness she felt.

"It's Steven, something isn't right with him." Ren drew his eyebrows up, promptly showing just how much concern he felt. During Carter's brief but frequent absences, Ren had grown rather fond of sixteen-year-old, if not a little protective of him, especially after Nina had died. It was almost as though the boy was made of sticks, loosely tied together and ready to fall apart at any given time. "The Jahaha guy gave him something."

"Wait, Jaha is back in camp?" Carter raised her eyebrows in mild shock. She was beginning to think the team that went out in search for the City of Light weren't coming back. "Was there a girl with him? Kara's her name."

"I don't know, the guy gives me the creeps, I'm trying to avoid him," Ren answered dismissively. "But he got to Steven, he told him that he could take away all his pain and he took this... thing, it looked like a microchip tablet sort of thing, and since then he hasn't left Jaha's side and it's like he's a totally different person, Carter. I can't even get close enough to pull him out."