NINETEEN | friend or foe

I don't wanna say I'm on fire bc I'll probably jinx it but...

I'm on fire. 

Bold= Swedishh

N I N E T E E N | FRIEND OR FOE

"So... Are we going to talk about what just happened back there?"

"What part?" Carter cocked her head in mock innocence, "The part where your self-entitled righteous leader threatened to kill my friend or the part where my boyfriend let it all happen? Oh, I know, what about the part where I was emotionally blackmailed into working for the enemy?"

Bellamy shifted his weight uncomfortably as he waited for Carter to get everything she needed from engineering, "I meant the part where you and Ren seem to have a secret language."

Poking her head up from beneath the deck she was rummaging in, she sent him a flat look, "Jealousy doesn't look good on you, Bell." She went back to searching through the drawers as she continued to speak, "And once upon a time there was a whole damn country that spoke Swedish, wanna take a guess what that country was called?" She didn't give him time to respond. "Sweden. It was called Sweden. My father also speaks some of it, are you jealous of him too?"

"I'm not jealous." Bellamy denied. "It just doesn't look good for either of you when you start speaking in a language only a handful of people understand. It looks like you're conspiring and Pike won't like that."

"Oh, I'm sure it doesn't. We can't displease your master, after all..." Carter trailed off a frown etching between her brows as she straightened up. "Where did I put those pliers?"

Bellamy cleared his throat and Carter looked up and straight at the offending tool in his hands. She rounded the desk and stood in front of Bellamy, reaching to grab it when he held it away from her. She huffed in annoyance and shook her head, "Can you give me the pliers please, Bellamy?"

"Not until you listen to me without giving some smartass comment," He countered without missing a beat. The engineer rolled her eyes but stayed quiet, waiting for him to continue. "I'm not saying it because I'm up Pike's ass, I'm saying it because he isn't the type to ignore risks. He will eliminate them before they even become a threat."

"Yeah, no shit." Carter scoffed, "I got that when he decided to wipe out a bunch of innocent Grounders."

"Carter," Bellamy warned. "I'm serious. I don't want you to get hurt."

"You say that yet if Pike held a gun to my head... what would you do?" It was a simple enough question, yet Bellamy faltered his expression falling and Carter took the opportunity to take the pliers out of his hands and into her pack full of other tools she may have needed. She emitted an elongated sigh and held onto the desk as her head dipped. It seemed ludicrous to think that their time at the Drop Ship, even with the impending war looming over them, life was so much simpler. They were so much simpler. Now, all their relationship seemed to be was hurdle upon hurdle, barely giving the two a break. Sometimes, in the midst of her thoughts, she often wondered what life would be like for them if they just left, leaving the Grounders and the crazy Farm Squad to it. Would they have the life she pictured when she was dosed up in Mount Weather? Would they eventually go on to have children? She knew it was survivable out there with just two people, she and Ren managed just fine.

And then thoughts of Steven, Rae, Kara, Kane, Octavia, Monty, Raven and even Jasper and his current emotional break would plague her daydreams. They couldn't run, even if Bellamy wanted to go with her, they had too much in Arkadia. They had family there that they couldn't give up on just because times were getting hard. She of all people should know that running solves nothing, it only temporarily provides solace.