SEVEN| young, wild and free

ayyyy an actual chapter, you're welcome ;)

S E V E N | YOUNG, WILD AND FREE

"I hate you."

It was a word often said by Carter, directed towards different people when they pissed her off. But this time, and most of the time, it was directed towards her boyfriend.

"No you don't." Bellamy retorted with a scoff, keeping his pace at a quick and sharp rate as they moved through the halls of the Ark.

"You're right, I don't," Carter agreed with a reluctant nod, "but I dislike you a lot right now."

Bellamy rolled his eyes and sighed, coming to a slow stop as he turned to face the disgruntled blonde, folding his arms over his chest. "And why's that? Because I won't sit in medical all day until my leg is healed?"

It's true, Carter was hesitant at the idea of him leaving Arkadia to pursue in some stupid side mission at Mount Weather, but that wasn't what had her pissed off. What annoyed her, was he didn't apply his own logic to her. Her arm was on the mend, it was getting better... sure, it was still broken, but it was healing and she could still work a melee weapon, kind of. But apparently, she still needed time to let her arm fully heal, thus Bellamy denying her the right to tag along on this stupid side mission...

... But oh no he was perfectly fine to go help even though he still had a limp.

"Well no, you're the idiot that screwed your leg up, do what you please on it," Carter feigned nonchalance with a small shoulder shrug. "I just don't understand how you can say you're fine to go with a busted leg, but I'm not okay to come with a busted arm..."

Bellamy's jaw twitched with impatience as he stared hard and the stubborn blonde. "It's not just busted though, is it? It's broken, Carter. Do you really think I'm going to risk you getting hurt anymore than you already are? I just want you to be safe." He placed his hands on both sides of her cheeks, rubbing his thumb in small circles mindlessly.

"But I want to come, I feel cooped up and trapped in this freaking place, I just want to get out for a bit." She huffed, frowning half heartedly. "And as far as your leg goes, I'm aware of how hard it can be moving around on an injured leg, believe me." She emphasized, thinking back to the countless times she had done something drastic to her leg.

The former leader pursed his lips and rolled his eyes, he wasn't stupid, he knew she'd find a way to come regardless of what he says, so what was the point in trying to get her to listen? That was just a pipe dream that was never going to come true. "Fine! Whatever. Get your gear ready and meet us by the-"

"-Doris." Carter corrected him before he could degrade her beauty.

"I'm not calling the car that."

"Say it."

"I'm not sayin-"

"Say it."

His eyebrows rose at how adamant she was of everyone calling the car by a human name. "Fine. Meet us by Doris in fifteen minutes." It didn't sound right coming out of his mouth, but it seemed to keep her happy, so he didn't mind.

She grinned triumphantly and leaned forward, placing a sweet kiss on his lips before patting his shoulder and turning on her heel. On her way back to her room, she thought about her dad and how he was doing. Once they had returned to camp a day later than Carter and Ren, Kane went straight to the hospital wing where Carter was recovering, he mentioned how he was planning a meeting with Grounders, what for however, Carter couldn't remember since she was so high on morphine, but she did know that he was reluctant to leave his daughter after she had managed to break her damn arm whilst there was people around to help. God knows what she was capable of when she was left to her own devices.