FIFTEEN | Shakespeare style betrayal

ayyyyyyyyyy, hi guys.

Bold= Swedish, as always.

F I F T E E N | SHAKESPEARE STYLE BETRAYAL

 Carter wasn't too sure what to expect when she woke up. Part of her thought that maybe Bellamy had betrayed her during her slumber and she was going to wake up back in the cell in Arkadia. But once she felt the soft blades of grass against her back and the sound of the water rushing down into the little lake, she knew exactly where she was and any muscles that had tensed upon that thought relaxed and she opened her eyes, immediately shielding them from the soft glow of the morning sun.

"You're awake," She heard from behind her and immediately turned over to see Bellamy brushing his damp locks away from his head, the ends of them still dripping. She could only assume he took the opportunity to clean himself as she slept. Even though sleep still rested heavily on her, she shamelessly stared at Bellamy's torso which still harbored a slight glisten from the droplets that hung on.

Shaking her head slightly, she drew her eyes back up to his face and smiled. "I am."

He returned the warmth of her smile and picked up his shirt which was resting on the rocks beside the lake, though Carter noticed there was a certain awkward element to him, something she wasn't used to seeing. He shifted his weight slightly as he fumbled with his shirt. "So uh... how are you feeling?"

She knew exactly what he meant by that question and she paused thoughtfully. The engineer wasn't completely clueless about the whole act of losing your virginity, she had read her fair share of fictional books on the Ark, but losing it yourself was so much different. The books always made it sound incredibly awkward, but it wasn't for her. Sure, there was a few moments where she wondered what the hell was going on, but once she got the hang of it, she felt as though it was incredible and so intimate, something that she had never experienced before. Something she wouldn't mind experiencing again... but maybe not straight away as she would be lying if she said she didn't feel sore from it, although it wasn't like she could tell him that.

"Yeah." She nodded lamely, no words forming for her to save herself from embarrassment.

"Yeah?" He raised his eyebrow curiously.

"It was definitely something..." She trailed off, still trying to find the right words. Bellamy's face dropped into a frown of confusion and Carter's eyes widened as she stammered to correct herself. "It was a good something. I mean, like I enjoyed it! Yeah!" She shuddered hearing herself and quickly got to her feet, standing in front of him. "I have absolutely no idea what you're supposed to say after... that." She sighed loudly, running a hand through her now matted hair. As memories of just how it got so matted came flooding back, her cheeks began to heat up. "Look, just know that last night was... amazing, but words won't ever be able to live up to how I felt, I'm just so glad it was with you. I always said I'd wait for the right person, and even if we are currently on opposing sides-- kind of like a post-apocalyptic Romeo and Juliet--.you are my right person."

Bellamy's eyes fell to the ground as he smiled and Carter watched him fondly, her gaze softening at the tranquillity of the moment. It seemed crazy that out of everything that was happening, there they were; still enjoying each other's company as though they had only just landed on Earth with no concept of the real dangers that stood just beyond the treeline of their hidden paradise. And suddenly, as her thoughts turned to reality, her shoulders began to sink and her eyes glossed over as she began to focus on the the impending war that loomed over their heads.