FOURTEEN |just one last time

It's meeeeeee again.

This is a filler chapter, so prepare yourself for filler-y content. I hope you like it anyways! (excuse the mistakes, I can't be bothered to edit right now, ngl)

BOLD= Swedish

FOURTEEN | JUST ONE LAST TIME

Things were too quiet, suspiciously so. It had been ages since Bellamy let Carter out of confinement and since then, he hadn't heard or even seen her... which odd considering  she didn't know how to maintain a low profile. He thought maybe she went to work to distract herself from what was going on, but Wick had said he hadn't seen her in days. It was at that moment that Bellamy started to grow increasingly suspicious of her whereabouts.

It was just her luck to bump into two people she spent a lot of her time with as he headed to her room.

"Hey, stop." Bellamy called up to them, deciding to ignore how they both tensed upon hearing his voice. He couldn't understand why they would have that reaction to him, but then he recongized Steven and the grief that still sunk deeply into the crevices of his face. The older Blake tried to swallow the guilt that began to form in his throat. He did the right thing for his people, he was sure of it. "Have either of you seen Carter?"

"Not since she landed a sweet punch on your master, no." Ren snickered, though it was dry and humorless. There was something about him that Bellamy just didn't like, and hearing Ren speak to him like he had little to no respect for who he was or what he had done for that camp. "Pretty sure you the last I knew of her whereabouts was when her boyfriend was totally submissive and allowed for her to get taken away to confinement."

Bellamy took a threatening step forward, squaring up to Ren as he broadened his chest out, ready for a fight. "If I were you, I wouldn't speak like that to a member of the guard, including me."

"Oh, what are you going to do?" Ren smirked, his back was up against the wall to put some space between the two of them, though he didn't look even moderately intimidated by Bellamy, or the seething expression that swarmed his guise. "Kill me? I'm not holding a weapon or even retaliating in the slightest... but then, it's not the first time you've killed someone like that, is it?"

Bellamy clenched his jaw in fury and grabbed the scruff of Ren's jacket, slamming his back against the wall. He was ready to punch him in his smug mouth, but then another voice, a more broken one, stopped him before he could land the first blow.

"Have you even thought of why you had to ask us where your girlfriend is?" Steven's voice was barely an octave above a whisper. "Have you even wondered why we've seen more of her lately than you?" He paused for a moment and frowned at Bellamy. It wasn't full of anger, or despise. It wasn't a look that suggested Steven wanted nothing but vengence. It was just the face of someone who had been crying more than the liquid in his body could keep up with, he just looked tired and pained. Bellamy couldn't look at him without feeling an unsettling amount of discomfort. He would rather Steven regard him with hatred and a boiling anger. "Maybe you have to ask other people where she is, because she doesn't want to be around you. Have you thought of that?"

And without another word, Steven began his desend down the coridoor, his hands tucked firmly in his pockets as his shoulders sank in. Ren shoved off Bellamy, who was too stunned to even retaliate and quickly caught up with the younger boy. Bellamy couldn't do anything but watch as they walked away; Steven's words still hung in his head, stinging him with every repeat.