SEVENTEEN | romeo and juilet

HOLA!

it's me with an actual chapter whaaaaaat. It's not your typical chapter though, just as a heads up. this one is for Steven, so here, have his moodboard that I created ;)

You can check out my other OC's mood boards in the awfully basic book named "meet my OC's"

As always Bold = Swedish

SEVENTEEN | ROMEO AND JULIET

The bottom of the mug looked less appealing than when it was full, Steven thought to himself as stared down at the copper base. His head rested heavily on one hand, eyes glazed as his mind delved into dark places he once tried to avoid.

"Come on Steve, you can't drown your sorrows forever."

He heard Ren's voice loud and clear though everything else around him sounded fuzzy. Slowly, Steven looked up to meet Ren's gaze. "Watch me."

With trembling hands from the amount of alcohol he had already consumed, Steven picked up his glass and awkwardly shuffled off the stool he had been sat on for the past few hours. Before he had a chance to stumble his way over to the bar area where he could get his next fix, Ren stood in his path and Steven's blank facade narrowed into a glare of annoyance.

"Okay, one; you're underage so you should stop now before you get caught," Ren crossed his arms over his chest. "And two, this is stupid, alcohol isn't going to make you feel better."

"Really? It's doing a pretty damn good job." Steven quipped, trying to get around Ren who just effortlessly stepped in his way again. Annoyance quickly turned to anger and Steven slammed his cup on the table, the noise loud enough to catch the attention of a few bystanders, "Just leave me alone Ren. You've got no idea how I feel so how about you just go away." Without another word or a glance at the other man, Steven turned on his heel, wanting to be anywhere else but there.

"I do, actually," Ren called after him, making the boy halt in his steps, though he didn't turn around. "You're not the only one who's lost someone Steven, I'm pretty sure if you get your head out of your ass you'd find that most of the folks sat around you have gone through what you're going through." Ren still got no reply. "I lost my girlfriend too, not that long ago, so yeah, I think I do know what you're feeling."

His bravado began to crack, withering away as his emotions once again rolled over him. Not even the sheer amount of alcohol could numb them. With a quivering lip, his eyes layered with a thin film of tears, Steven turned around to face Ren, the bile in his throat getting tighter with every passing second. "Does... does it get easier?"

Take aback by how quiet and raw Steven's voice sounded, Ren's jaw fell slack as he fumbled over his words. He wanted to tell him yes, it gets easier— but he'd only be lying. Ren inhaled deeply and rubbed the back of his neck as he averted his eyes. "No. It doesn't, I don't think it ever will."