THIRTEEN |pot calling kettle black

Hi, it's me, in case you forgot

I have a new chapter for you guys and I hope you like it! It seems as though we're hitting the action of this season, but I haven't seen past this episode so please no spoilers!

BOLD= SWEDISH

THIRTEEN |POT CALLING KETTLE BLACK

Carter wouldn't have branded herself as a morning person when she was totally sober and not at all hungover; much less when she was. She was positive that a drill had taken residence in her skull and there was no off button.

"I regret everything." She murmured with a croaky, dry voice. She didn't understand why her mouth felt like she had just eaten two dozen crackers all at once, yet there was a trail of drool stuck to the side of her face. Slowly and tentatively she, she sat up with narrowed eyes so the light wouldn't blind her as she glanced around her room. Well, at least she made it back to her room...

... But not on her own.

"Uh..." Her eyebrows weaved upwards as she blinked a few times at her friend who was awkwardly sleeping in the wooden chair at her desk. Ren's mouth looked as though it was practically unhinged as his head was tilted back at possibly the worst position he could have fallen asleep in. Carter was moderately relieved he was asleep fully clothed and no where near her bed-- she'd rather not have the drama that followed that awkward situation. Leaning down and ignoring the pounding in her head, she bent down and grabbed the closest thing she could which happened to be her shoe and threw it at her friend, hitting her target right in the forehead, jolting him back to the land of the semi-living.

"Huh? What? I'm awake," He rushed out, his eyes were still glazed from sleep, but they darted around the room looking for what responsible for hitting him when he finally noticed Carter looking less than amused. "Oh, it's you. Morning."

"Well obviously it's me, this is my room." She retorted, gingerly turning her body so she could get out off bed-- luckily, she was also fully clothed-- she rubbed at her forehead, hoping to soothe the constant drilling on her brain. "I'm never drinking again, that was a mistake from the onset. Does your head feel like it's experiencing an earthquake right now, or is that just me?"

"Just you, I feel great, a little hungry, but that's normal." Ren grinned, jumping to his feet as though he was suddenly full of energy. Carter couldn't help but glare in envy at him. "Last night was fun, we should definitely do it again.

Carter shuddered at the thought of alcohol passing her lips. She could still taste the shots they had the night previous clinging to the top of her mouth and tongue. "Please, don't talk about alcohol for at least another month or so, I feel like I may never recover from last night."

Ren opened his mouth with a light smirk on his lips, but the noise that resounded throughout the room didn't come from him but rather the door. Loud knocking ensued in a messy pattern, like whoever it was either had important news or was in some serious trouble. Carter frowned at Ren, wondering who on earth would be knocking her door at such a time in the morning.

"Carter, please open up! It's Steven, please!"

As soon as she heard the break in his voice like he was crying, she immediately stood to her feet and rushed to the door with alert. The second it was ajar, Steven pushed past and immediately barrelled into her room, breathing erratically at an uneven pace. Seeing him in such distress was enough for Carter to ignore her own pain and aid him in any way she could.

"What's up, Steve?" She asked curiously, the frown still weaved between her brows. The boy ran a hand through his hair and sat down on her bed, it was only then that Carter noticed the drying trail of tears that had reddened his face.