Pack Mates.

Not edited.

         "What if he never wakes up?"

"Don't say that. Ron will hear you."

I can hear you, I think as I peer at Jeremy's unconscious form. I gnaw at my lip and glance away from him, unable to look any longer at his pale and still form. Maybe Stella is right. Or maybe I'm just overreacting.

We don't even know what the liquid in the syringe can do. We don't know what's the right amount to inject somebody with or if it's even safe to be injected into anybody at all. Jeremy had acted irrationally and stuck the whole thing in his arm and now he could never wake up. It was a possibility. A hard possibility to come to terms with.

Liam and Stella were trying to keep their whispering from me and pretend everything would be fine, but what if it wouldn't be? What if we ended up burying Jeremy a week from now? He could have overdosed due to his own stupidity.

I swear, if Jeremy dies because of his own stupidity, I will find a way to bring that boy back and then beat the shit out of him. We couldn't afford to lose somebody right now.

We needed Jeremy. No matter how annoying and idiotic he could be, we needed him and I didn't understand how Stella or Liam could act so calmly. They thought I was oblivious to what they were whispering about and perhaps I was leading them to believe I was, since I never turned their way nor voiced my thoughts on what they were saying.

Instead, I remained sitting on Jeremy's bed, gazing towards the window and the eeriely looming moon that looked to be just outside our window.

For some time, I contemplate convincing Stella and Liam to get Jeremy some help or something. Though I don't know where we'd turn for help, exactly. Everybody in the werewolf world hated us and we certainly couldn't go to a hosipital. They would ask too many questions and one rule was evident in the werewolf world. Never reveal what you are to a human.

Come to think of it, I think that was the only evident rule in the werewolf world. And to not eat a human. Then again, only the real sick wolves got a joy out of attacking humans. Like the Purgatory.

They had been immensely known for attacking humans and well, taking some. Mostly the females. They would use them for whatever they wanted or desired and then discard of them. Sometimes they would take some wolf girls too. That's why I was so surprised when I discovered Stella was previously apart of the Purgatory. She wasn't a sex toy to them and that was obvious by the way she acted.

She must have earned some ounce of respect from them in order to get in to the pack as an actual member. It would be lovely to know how or why, but with Liam lurking, I would never know.

He doesn't want me knowing about his past and a part of me respected that. A small portion, at least. He wasn't ready to talk about it. That, or he just doesn't trust me. 

Don't be silly, I tell myself quickly, there has to be a reason behind the fact he won't explain everything to you. Wait.

Waiting sucks. I don't want to wait. I just want to know. But pushing him wouldn't be smart, either. I sigh, though I realize I've done it out loud when Liam says, "Ronnie? Are you okay?"

I glance over my shoulder at him momentarily. "I'm just peachy." I murmur and then I stand. The room suddenly feels too stuffy and small and I'm determined to escape it and perhaps get some fresh air.

Though before I can get to the door, Liam once again stops me. "Where are you going?"

"Outside." I reply. I glance towards him again, seeing him eyeing me warily. "I'm just gonna go by the door, Liam."